• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by chrisheadrick

1. C

Series I race car for sale

Tragedy, if true I mean, kudos to the race fans out there, but if it is said car, the original black/red/whitewall combination was gorgeous. I mean, that was one classy Alpine. I would have definitely had interest in buying that car. Certainly not a $17K interest in today's market, but I...
  2. C

Another Great Alpine for Sale!

Where is the car located? I am in Los Angeles. Contact me at chrisheadrick@att.net, please... Thanks! C
  3. C

E-bay SV in Vermont.

Is it me? or was this steal of the century? $4,350 final bid. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200451709569&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT#ht_899wt_1167
  4. C

Great shot of Sunbeam in a movie

I suppose the featured appearance of an Alpine in Jacques Tati's 70mm masterpiece "Playtime" is old news? See an Alpine in color! In 70mm! It's a black alpine with red interior, driven by a woman. It's stuck in traffic in the turnaround near the end of the film, when Tati makes a...
  5. C

Only $45,000.00

Sold for $11,000 on Ebay out of Florida.
  6. C

1965 Sunbeam Alpine Series 4 Sale or Trade

series 4 Mike--I'll take a look...please send pictures to chrisheadrick@att.net
  7. C

A good indication of where the market is.

I really love in the interior/exterior color combo of your car, John...really evocative of the time period. It's sad that modern manufacturers have become so timid in their color choices. The dollar is particularly weak against the Euro and Pound at present, so now is a good time to take...
  8. C

That is a truly amazing yellow Alpine. That was also a truly amazing price you got for your efforts. Cheers!
  9. C

Ah, you have better eyes than I do.....which is one reason I belong to this forum. $20K for an Alpine? Wow. Even pre-November 2008--even at the height of the American muscle car bubble--that was an outrageously high price. Then again, absolute top end pricing can take off into the...
  10. C

Well, looks like $11,000 is absolute, 100% top dollar that will be paid for an Alpine. I don't have expert eyes, but this looks to be the finest example I've seen for sale in the last two years. Hardtop included, finned series, immaculate, period-correct. There was a white Series II for...
  11. C

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180415296028&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_29039wt_1167
  12. C

Series IV for Sale in Tennessee

that email address is not working Michael--I'd like to look at your Alpine, but the email address you entered above does not work. You can email photos to me at chrisheadrick@att.net
  13. C

The Pumpkin has to go!

the Pumpkin might get some California sun Chuck-- Do you have any further photos? Engine bay? Interior? Underside? Complete car, outside...show pics? I'm in Pasadena, California, so pics will go a long way towards getting me up there in person to look at the car. You can send...
  14. C

Series II for sale

Photos I'm interested in seeing the photos when you have them up. The more the better!
  15. C

Alpine experts in the Los Angeles area?

Ah--the Harrington! Nope, I prefer the regular ol' Alpine, and I do prefer the fins of the Series I and IIs, as you do. The top you have, though, is rare for me to come across in photos, and I love the lines better than the later series tops...I'll give you a call soon to chat. If anybody...