• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by BlackDog

1. BlackDog

Jaeger Voltmeters

Been a while since I've updated this thread... the Covid 'lost years' I guess :eek: I've had an upgrade done to the voltmeters to have a 'stepper motor' drive but the rest of the gauges remain the same. The factory pricing has gone up considerably so doubt that I will be getting any more when...
  2. BlackDog

Drop spindles

Mark... things are good where I live on the west coast... I live on Vancouver Island and we have no one sick at the moment and no new cases for going on 3 weeks! Dan ( SPMDR) I would really like to see your chart! could you send to jim@island.net ? BTW, I recently acquired yet another set of...
  3. BlackDog

Jaeger Voltmeters

I have new stock of voltmeters and they are now being built with metal cases to match the other 2" gauges
  4. BlackDog

Jaeger Voltmeters

email sent...
  5. BlackDog

Jaeger Voltmeters

You're in luck as I have 1 'series V ' style in stock at the moment... a new batch are on order though I've recently been able to lower all my prices as have negotiated 'volume' pricing' for all from the manufacturer Here is the 'new' price list Voltmeters are now US$95 including shipping to...
  6. BlackDog

Drop spindles

Mark I came across some old notes and apparently I took down the numbers off a set a few years ago... "...17230B 1990442 on one of them and 17231B and 1990443 on the other..." Hope that helps!! I think the visual of the 2 types is hard to mix them up though
  7. BlackDog

Drop spindles

I've personally parted out several Series V and VI Canadian Minxes and they all had the 'dropped' spindles and 13" wheels BTW, the later Super Minxes have Alpine/Tiger spindles with no 'drop' ! Interesting note on the cross members... the Alpine Tiger ones have an aluminum wedge riveted to them...
  8. BlackDog

Drop spindles

The last set that I found was in UK and from a Gazelle Here are the donor cars that I've been told ( by several Rootes enthusiasts ) should have them.. "Hillman Minx Series V and VI, Singer Gazelle Series V and VI and the Sunbeam Rapier Series IV and V. All these would have been offered from...
  9. BlackDog

Drop spindles

My ad is on CAT ... http://catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=6849 I have the part#'s in an old email from a guy that I bought some from in New Zealand... this is what he said Part numbers just for reference: 1216780 R.H SUPER-CEDES TO 1229652 1216781 L.H. " "...
  10. BlackDog

Drop spindles

Mark I don't know the part#'s but I can show you the difference between the 'drop' Minx ones and Alpine... easy to see side by side I just put a set up for sale actually...
  11. BlackDog

Front Shocks

BTW, I think the factory used studs for the shock mount so they wouldn't turn when removing the bracket as in the stock setup it's pretty much impossible to get at the top with the spring there!! I didn't know how strong those stock studs would be ( grade 5 ?? ) and changing them out gave me a...
  12. BlackDog

Front Shocks

I think mounting it on top would greatly limit the length of spring that you could use on a coil over setup. I believe the a arm itself is VERY strong if you look closely at the way it's stamped. I used grade 8 3/8" bolts as in the pics and I can't believe they could ever pull through... a...
  13. BlackDog

Jaeger Voltmeters

Yes, I have both styles in stock ... contact info a couple of post up...
  14. IMG_6522

IMG_6522

15. IMG_6522

IMG_6522