• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Billm

1. Billm

Copper flare washers for leaky brake lines

When making my own brake lines I had difficulties with leaking flare fittings. I finally bought Girling flare fittings from a company called Fedhill. I couldn’t get the fitting at the distribution block to seal no matter how many times I flared the line.
  2. Billm

Paypal

I just made several attempts to pay the yearly contribution. PayPal would not let credit card go thru. There was never a problem in the past. I was told to check with my bank which I did. There was no problem on their end. I tried several more times and even tried another electronic device. iPad...
  3. Billm

Alternative wheels SV. Let's see them.

Yes they were! That is an old photo.
  4. Billm

Alternative wheels SV. Let's see them.

Here’s mine, VTOs.
  5. Billm

Vents

Joel , I like. Any more photos?
  6. Billm

wheel update

Very nice.
  7. Billm

Crankcase Ventilation System

Wide open throttle. While cranking the engine over for a compression test, one should hold the carb linkage so the butterflies are wide open.
  8. Billm

Sound Dampening

I placed a square of Hush mat in each door and will use one on my hardtop. I also plan on using automotive thinsulate on the hard top too. The doors have a nice solid sound to them.
  9. Billm

Oil Pressure Gauge seal

I never knew that I wanted to know that. Bourbon tube! Now I will have to take my gauge apart!
  10. Billm

Oil Pressure Gauge seal

When I went to replace my dash lights with led bulbs I found the oil line fitting leaking. I ordered a used oil pressure gauge a while back. It came with a short piece of oil line (copper). There is a small rubber washer on the gauge fitting. Now I have to find one. If this one doesn't work.
  11. Billm

LAT 9

Check VTO Wheels they have a LAT 70 wheel that they are making.
  12. Billm

Nancy Drew Television Show on the CW Network

My brother told me about it. So I had to check it out, too.
  13. Billm

What are you using for sound deadener in SV Hartops?

Dan the Boom Mat I bought comes in one foot square pieces. It is about the same size as the original piece of sound deadening I scraped off. While researching insulation for my van, I read some where along the line that one only needs to put sound deadening material on 25% of the surface of the...
  14. Billm

What are you using for sound deadener in SV Hartops?

I stripped the headliner and the tar like patch off of the inside of my hard top. I plan on using a one foot square piece of Boom mat and 3M automotive Thinsulate insulation. I used the Thinsulate in my Ford Transit van to insulate the roof and walls. 3M 90 spray adhesive is used for the glue...
  15. Billm

Stuck driver side rear drum brake on my SIV

Try releasing the brake adjuster. See if it loosens up.