• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by bernd_st

1. bernd_st

$83,500 Alpine on ebay

If anybody is still after a real "hottie" Alpine, or better to say a well built Alger try that one which is currently for sale over here in Germany. The current owner is a club mate of mine and it is extremely well built for race & street at less money...
  2. bernd_st

Engine swap

There is a Fastback Rapier with a Ford V8 installed in NZ. However not sure whether there is any chance to get such a modification legalized in Spain...
  3. bernd_st

X frame repair sections.

Found a picture finally. Not the best quality though, but gives you at least an impression :-))
  4. bernd_st

Carb/Exhaust Configurations for Dyno test

Jerry, terrific combos you have there so very much looking forward to see the actual dyno readings. My best bet on a 1592 would be either 38 or 40 DCOE's in combination with your 4 in 1. From all around driveability, responsiveness and mid range torque point of view I'ld put a bet on the 38's...
  5. bernd_st

Squeaky Shifter

An eardropper :)That sounds a like an awesome idea...
  6. bernd_st

HLM - Dashboard formica

Thanks for the backwards loop, even though I enjoyed all those "burled wood" excursions. What I'm after is still a close looking formica replacement....
  7. bernd_st

Squeaky Shifter

Never did that, but a good idea to fill oil into the nipples on top of the gear selector. How did you actually do it? Just letting the oil drip ?
  8. bernd_st

HLM - Dashboard formica

P.S. Found that one in UK called "Altofina/Ebony" which at least from grain point of view appears similar - even it's way darker. Hmm , may order a sample... https://www.blackheathproducts.co.uk/products/lam/altofina/ebony_001/ Or the walnut one here might even be better...
  9. bernd_st

HLM - Dashboard formica

Quite a few helpful links, thanks. The last two however I can't open (access denied). Nice burled wood grains, but still not really close to original stuff. See the pictures: P.S. Jerry thanks for your above close up. Learned something new again. Appearantly Harringtons used slotted domed...
  10. bernd_st

HLM - Dashboard formica

Jerry, same unfortunate experience. I have 2 original broken RHD formica pieces which could be somehow used as a pattern, but thought a close match would make things easier...
  11. bernd_st

HLM - Dashboard formica

Does anybody have a good hint for a formica replacement which would be at least a close match to the original wood pattern/colour used on the HLM dashboard ? Haven't found anything proper yet...
  12. bernd_st

HLM project progress...

Just visited the body shop again today and brought them the side windows. They were very right - their fit/gaps to the glassfibre roof make all the difference. Quite amazing how much flex can occur around the lower side window recesses. Gaps have to be 100% straight...
  13. bernd_st

What color should I paint my Tiger?

If the Tiger is for resale I'ld go for Forrest Green. It's all about originality these days and you may achieve a premium...
  14. bernd_st

X frame repair sections.

We are good to animals aren't we ? If I find the pictures of that very oil pan I'll post them here. Exciting :) ...
  15. bernd_st

HLM project progress...

Wedgewood blue is also nice. In my case the project was bought 15 years ago. OMG what a long time :). Always happy to hear more Harringtons are being put back on the road. 20 years before nobody wanted them, except a few hardcore Sunbeamers...