• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by bdh911

1. B

SIII Steering Column Leaking fluid

Thanks for all the idea/thoughts. I’ll squeeze back under there again and see if I can sort out what the fluid is and check a couple of these options
  2. B

DanR - worried about brake fluid but haven’t figured out how that could be possible in that location. Very strange place for me to be getting fluid at all so I’m continuing to try to hunt it down.
  3. B

i came in from a drive and found fluid on my shoe. Traced it to the top of the steering column just inside the dash where it appears to be weeping out the top of the steering column tube. I have a stock steering column but have changed to a wooden wheel so lost column adjustability but...
  4. B

1960 Hillman Husky engine parts

I have an engine in the current Husky - but it’s shot with broken rod, etc and parts are a challenge. So one option is the hunt for parts to rebuild and keep it original. The other option is certainly something like a 1725 retrofit which I’m also looking at. If you’ve had experience with that -...
  5. B

1960 Hillman Husky engine parts

Im in need of engine parts to rebuild my 1960 Hillman Husky 1390. It’s a major rebuild and I know parts are nearly impossible to find so may not be realistic but thought I’d try. Anyone know of sources? Short block? Crank shaft? Etc. Thanks!
  6. B

Series 3 soft top side cables

i know I see of lot of recommendations to go with replacement tops that use the Velcro on the side windows, but I’m determined to re-use the spring and cable guides original to the Series 3ST frame. Just because :). Of course that would be a lot easier if the old top had been on the car and...
  7. B

Painted Wire Wheel Color

I have grey painted wire wheels on my S3 ST that need refinishing. Anyone know a correct color for these? Paint vs Powder coat recommendations? Anything I should be aware of or pay attention to?
  8. B

Series 3 badge and images

Thanks I did actually find one so need for that part. Appreciate the help!
  9. B

Tips for powder coating soft top frame?

S3 spring and wire Do you have any photos of the spring and wire set up for S3? I'm restoring mine and actually trying to take it back to original style vs Velcro. Thx
  10. B

Wire Wheel resources

I may not get to the wheels this year - but with new paint in the car it will be hard not to. Any resources in the NE for wires? Thinking they should be stripped, tried, and repainted? Other advice?
  11. B

Series 3 Engine Compartment finishes

Thanks! Really appreciate all the help!
  12. B

Series 3 Engine Compartment finishes

We're getting closer to getting the car back from paint so cleaning and prepping a lot of parts. To make it more challenging we've never seen another Alpine "in the flesh" so scrounging web pictures for reference points. Not going for concourse but want to be as correct as possible. Looking...
  13. B

Series 3 Hood Badge

Looking for a correct Series 3 hood badge for the project car my son and I are working on
  14. B

Series 3 Hood Badge

Looking for a Series 3 Hood badge for the car my son and I are working to bring back to life
  15. B

Series 3 badge and images

We're trying to be reasonably correct. Certainly won't be concours but as right as we can. Thanks!