• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by atman

1. A

Rims

Thanks george, I wanted to know the width as well, reason being that in Aus to get concessional Rego you can be no bigger than 10% from what was fitted to the Tiger.
  2. A

Rims

Hello Everyone Just a quick ? Does anyone know what size rims did the Le Mans tigers Have ?
  3. A

Air filter element tip.

Hi George/Robin Have been talking to a mechanic and he mentioned a modified air filter that would fit the tiger, he wasn't sue of the make but it appeared the same as my oval air filter except that the top cover had been replaced with a filter ie the filter was not only around the side but...
  4. A

Panhard Rod

I note Panhard Rods are fitted to Tigers, but do they serve any purpose ? They serve a purpose when are used in conjunction with coil springs but i can't see that they serve a purpose when fitted with leaf springs. Any ideas.
  5. A

Rear wheel HP

Thanks for the info, will advise dyno results as soon as the gearbox is fixed. When i had the wide ratio gears put in, 3rd gear would pop out when slowing down, so it had to go back to the guy that did the work, its just a pain in the arse as i have ti go to Adelaide to pick it up some 245 km's
  6. A

Rear wheel HP

Hi Michael Yes i have alloy heads and alloy intake with a 600 holley, extracters, MSD, forged pistons and is fully balanced. goes to 6,000 rpm on Tacho. Will be getting it dynoed in the next coupla days. Just wanted to have something to compare to.
  7. A

Rear wheel HP

Does anyone know what a stock 289 puts out at the rear wheels ?
  8. A

Sun Visor

sunvisor Thanks Michael When did u get another Tiger ?
  9. A

Sun Visor

Does anyone know where to obtain sunvisors for a Tiger 1A ?
  10. A

Diff Ratios

Hi Michael Haven't taken the diff apart yet, will get back when it is Allan
  11. A

Diff Ratios

Hi I have changed my gearbox to wide ratio and presently have a dana 44 diff with a detroit locker and a 3.07 ratio. does anyone know where i can source a higher ratio. Cheers Allan
  12. A

Radiator fan

G'Day Don't really know what you mean by description , but here goes no's etc. B382000310 LRXFE Engine no = 5516F21KA; Colour code 92; Body Tag = JAL 660354 Car was purchased from Tiger Tom in 1993 was completely restored, finished 2004, Colour appears to be Artic White. The body was...
  13. A

Radiator fan

Hi Robin Thanks for the link Regards Allan
  14. A

Radiator fan

Hi Michael I realise that i have spoken to u b4, however i am a bit unsue of what i want to do re cooling, mainly because of our high temp. during summer. Will read the article as referred to by Robin, note that Tiger Tom co wrote the article and he is a previous owner of this car. No haven't...
  15. A

Radiator fan

Hello Am thinking of doing away with my belt driven fan and convert to electric fans, this would i think give a bit more room for a thicker radiator. Has anyone done this with success Thanks for your imput Cheers Allan