• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Asm109

1. A

Wilwood Brake and Master Cylinders

No worries. When I first looked I saw the single and thought, wait Toyanvil put tandem mc on his car and that is a single. hmmmm Then I saw the double with no reservoirs.
  2. A

Wilwood Brake and Master Cylinders

You got Tiger on the brain Jay. Prop. valve is just located where a tiger clutch would be.
  3. A

Overdrive not working

Doubtful. A relay is just a switch that allows a low current device to control a high current one. If you want independent control of wipers and blinkers you need multiple relays. You probably have dirty high resistance grounds. Focus on those first.
  4. A

Overdrive not working

You don't need parts yet. You need a voltmeter and a wiring diagram. Start at the beginning of the circuit. 1. Do you have battery voltage across the battery terminals. Yes go to 2. No . Problem found! 2. Put volt meter on wire leaving OD lever and ground. flip the switch. do you have...
  5. A

Alpine Engine Bay to Scan

Thank you. Now I gotta get my hands on an engine and scanner in San Diego.
  6. A

Alpine V8 conversion

I understand the Alpine system. I understand the Tiger system. I am musing about a hybrid. Junk the Alpine box, cross over tube and the passenger side rocker. Keep the alpine rear steering arms mounted to the knuckle. Mount "somehow" a steering rack underneath the V8 at the fore and aft...
  7. A

Alpine V8 conversion

I never looked to see if you can use Alpine rear steer arms and mount a rack in line with them. I imagine the Sump is too deep for that to work. If it was that easy, somebody would have done it by now.
  8. A

Alpine Engine Bay to Scan

What file format will the scans be in? I am planning to put a Miata engine in an Alpine and a CAD model would be extremely helpful. I would be willing to kick in some coin to help with this effort.
  9. A

Alpine V8 conversion

Volvoguys offered you a Tiger Dana 44 rear end. That will bolt in and be plenty strong. other choices. Ford 8 inch Must narrow housing and get axles made to match. 72-75 Jeep CJ axle. Also a Dana 44 with almost the same wheel mounting surface to surface as the Tiger and Alpine axles. Will...
  10. A

Alpine V8 conversion

Can confirm. Tiger steering with wheels more than half cranked over is impossible for two people to push.
  11. A

Carpet Fastener Locations Series V

This is for a Tiger but the Alpine should be very close http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/MarroneCarpet/rt-MarroneCarpet3.asp
  12. A

Alpine V8 conversion

Suggestions, yes. Forget the V8. It yields a go fast machine with piss poor handling. Not to mention the amount of work is eye watering. Put a 2.8L Cologne V6 or a NB Mazda Miata engine if you would like fuel injection. Way less work to get a running car. This advice comes from a Tiger...
  13. A

Sunbeam Safari

Sure lights on a roll bar, fine. Can't imagine a vehicle less suited for driving in soft sand than an Alpine. This is coming from a guy who drove a 66 Mustang with 4 people 5 miles up a sand wash to visit Fonts Point in Anza Borrego. Getting a vehicle stuck in the sand, unstuck is HARD WORK.
  14. A

Hard Top Side Window Buttons

Threads are the same on large or small buttons.
  15. A

Identification number rear axle Tiger

Here is a picture showing where the number is stamped. Number is under white highlighted area. Underside of snout same side as drain plug. I had to dig it up from the wayback machine on Norm Millers defunct registry website. https://web.archive.org/web/20110701104153/http://rootes1.com/