• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Asm109's latest activity

• A
    No worries. When I first looked I saw the single and thought, wait Toyanvil put tandem mc on his car and that is a single. hmmmm Then I...
  • A
    You got Tiger on the brain Jay. Prop. valve is just located where a tiger clutch would be.
  • A
    Asm109 replied to the thread Overdrive not working.
    Doubtful. A relay is just a switch that allows a low current device to control a high current one. If you want independent control of...
  • A
    Asm109 replied to the thread Overdrive not working.
    You don't need parts yet. You need a voltmeter and a wiring diagram. Start at the beginning of the circuit. 1. Do you have battery...
  • A
    Asm109 replied to the thread Alpine Engine Bay to Scan.
    Thank you. Now I gotta get my hands on an engine and scanner in San Diego.
  • A
    Asm109 replied to the thread Alpine V8 conversion.
    I understand the Alpine system. I understand the Tiger system. I am musing about a hybrid. Junk the Alpine box, cross over tube and...
  • A
    I never looked to see if you can use Alpine rear steer arms and mount a rack in line with them. I imagine the Sump is too deep for that...
  • A
    Asm109 replied to the thread Alpine Engine Bay to Scan.
    What file format will the scans be in? I am planning to put a Miata engine in an Alpine and a CAD model would be extremely helpful. I...
  • A
    Asm109 reacted to hartmandm's post in the thread Clutch leak down. with Like Like.
    I initially went the 'clean them and new rubber' route on my clutch hydraulics. They worked for a while and then both failed at...
  • A
    Volvoguys offered you a Tiger Dana 44 rear end. That will bolt in and be plenty strong. other choices. Ford 8 inch Must narrow housing...
  • A
    Can confirm. Tiger steering with wheels more than half cranked over is impossible for two people to push.
  • A
    This is for a Tiger but the Alpine should be very close http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/MarroneCarpet/rt-MarroneCarpet3.asp
    • 1714155034130.png
  • A
    Suggestions, yes. Forget the V8. It yields a go fast machine with piss poor handling. Not to mention the amount of work is eye...
  • A
    Asm109 replied to the thread Sunbeam Safari.
    Sure lights on a roll bar, fine. Can't imagine a vehicle less suited for driving in soft sand than an Alpine. This is coming from a guy...
  • A
    Asm109 replied to the thread Hard Top Side Window Buttons.
    Threads are the same on large or small buttons.