• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by alpinefastback

1. A

1970 Alpine Fastback crushed by a tree. Car or Parts. No reasonable offer refused.

Thanks, that's good advice. I just wish I could tell by watching the video. It seems that the clicking is in time when the rocker arm in the foreground depresses. The cranks spins twice for every single revolution of the cam, correct? So, if I'm hearing it for one cam revolution, that would...
  2. A

1970 Alpine Fastback crushed by a tree. Car or Parts. No reasonable offer refused.

Engine is Bad I've just been told by another member that what I thought was a valve tap is actually a rod about to go. So it seems the engine isn't any good. I apologize to those that were interested in the engine. The car has been sitting since I moved a few years ago, which it seems...
  3. A

Video of Engine Running I got the car running for those that are interested in the engine or whole car. It's got a pretty loud valve tap, so I think it needs the valves adjusted or has a sticking valve. Click following link to view video of engine running...
  4. A

The hood badge is in good shape, but I have no idea what cars it will fit. I have a buyer interested in the whole car if it runs, which I'm going to find out when I get home this evening. So I'm going to hold off on selling any parts off until then.
  5. A

Thanks for the heads up about the on the rear seat belts. It has a four speed trams.
  6. A

When the tree was still on the car, the chassis was touching the ground, so I was joking that it was now a lowrider convertible.
  7. A

Two weeks ago my 1970 Alpine Fastback got crushed by a tree. The whole car or parts are available. As rare as these cars are in the US, I don't want to send it to the salvage yard without saving parts for anyone who needs them. The car is going to be hauled away on September 1st. Photos of...
  8. A

Aftermarket Wheels for Sunbeam Fastback

Thanks for the reply. I've since decided to stay with the wire wheels that my car came with.
  9. A

More performance for Alpine Fastback?

Stuart, Thanks for the reply. This wouldn't happen to be your H120? I scoured the internet looking for pics of the fastbacks and this is one of my favorites.
  10. A

Stuart, Thanks for the offer. I've decided that I'm going to leave the drivetrain stock for the time being and when funds and time allow swap in a Mazda Miata engine/trans. I guess I've fallen to the dark side. I finally got car registered after a month of dealing with the NJ DMV. I was...
  11. A

Bob, once again thanks for your detailed reply. Do you know what the offset is on the minilites you put on your car?
  12. A

I've searched this site and the internet and can't find an answer to the following questions: 1. Does anybody know what the stock rim backspacing/offset is for the fastback cars? I want to switch to 14x6 wheels so I'll have more choice in tires. I know how to calculate backspacing/offset...
  13. A

I remember reading about the Talbot in Retro Cars magazine and thinking how cool it was. I did a little internet research about the Lotus 907 engine. I got all excited as I thought about a lotus twin cam engine in my car, but that excitement faded as I realized how much it would cost. Everything...