• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by alpine_64

1. alpine_64

Oil Pressure Relief Valve Mods

Believe so.. the rootes oprv design in general didn't seem to be great for longevity. I had 2 of the early ones stick
  2. alpine_64

Shocks

@Green67Alpine what "seriesV" from shocks ... What brand and part number .. where did you get them. Most people installed the S3 front springs kept the same shocks..
  3. alpine_64

Toms was adjustable, but the update in Dan's is the ball which should stop the galling of the moving component and allow pressure adjustment
  4. alpine_64

Steve Silverstein and Jarrod Gross both loomed into a ball OPRV many moons ago .. iirc some were made .. maybe touch base with JG and see what the longevity was
  5. alpine_64

Hard Top Side Window Buttons

Kevin I had a bunch made.. large and small and the rubbers just before COVID. Bob who made them passed away .. but I still have them. I had taken orders for them but when the world shut down all went on the back burner and I couldn't access them. If people need them and the rubbers I have them
  6. alpine_64

Carb advice needed

Can't see the head in the photo but wonder if it's an iron head arrow motor.... Or . If it is an alloy head is the manifold from a arrow series car and it's facing the carb down 10° as the motor is now upright
  7. alpine_64

Parrish top seals

Check @Bill Blue posts on those seals from a few years back
  8. alpine_64

Shift Boot

Brent there should be a recess in the base of the boot that goes over the edge of the hole in the metal shift cover that secures it... Also there are 2 styles of boot...not sure if that makes a difference as to how they stay on or not...
  9. alpine_64

WANTED: Quarter Light base/finisher for GT interior left side

Just to widen the search . The GT 1/4 base is the same on all Series 3, IV, V GT and on tiger mkia and mkii ;)
  10. alpine_64

Car Show Display Panel

The ones in the photos were the generic ones with factory spec and production numbers etc and printed to A2. they were also done in A4 for some people with their VIN / SAL and options and the background colour matched to their car. There was also a Harrington and HLM version. And MKI and MKIi...
  11. alpine_64

Diff oil

As far as I'm aware no brass in the rear end... I know that there is in the trans.. same in the trans on the Tiger.. so have to be careful what oils you put in..
  12. alpine_64

Diff oil

I know nothing... Honest boss.. i didn't tell them anything... You know I love the syn boys .. I just tried to give em the good oil....
  13. alpine_64

Diff oil

Don't use synthetic for sure... The diff takes a hypoid bevel oil iirc... There is an equivalent available for the factory spec... It's been a while since I did mine so can't recall off the top of my head.
  14. alpine_64

April 5+6 2024- Columbia, SC Invasion.

Car is looking great and the Grey and Scarlet interior really sets it off .. well done.
  15. alpine_64

THE HOLY GRAIL SUNBEAM TIGER!! (Dennis Collins)

I hope you didnt overpay.. they listed a lot of the spare parts at very ambitious prices