• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by afssanders

1. afssanders

Project Sunbeam For Sale

61 Sunbeam Alpine for sale. There is quite literally to many things to list about this car. Plus I can't remember all of them. Usually walking around the car and looking at all the one of a kind hand built parts helps to jog my memory, that and the thousands of photos and 100s of hours of...
  2. afssanders

Project Sunbeam Update

If I remember right it's in Sept. I might have it back to gather by then. I'll be digging into it again here shortly. It doesn't take me long to do stuff. The 4000 for the block rods and pistons are a big set back though. However the nice thing about it is it'll give me time to get all the odds...
  3. afssanders

Project Sunbeam Update

Thanks. You could safely say it the worlds most modified Sunbeam. That other one isn't even close to what I've done. It's the original unibody. No tubes and anything like that. I did however channel the front end 2" All the travel with a nice low look. No banging down the road.
  4. afssanders

Project Sunbeam Update

one of the most recent puctures http://gallery.me.com/mnwheelers#100660/sunbeam-gavin&bgcolor=black
  5. afssanders

Project Sunbeam Update

Yeah. I'll be remapping the entire deal before thrashing it again. It's a slow process as I'm sure you're aware of. I'm also going with 7.3 to 1 piston this next time around too, so that is going to change all the rules. The new Cossy block will have piston squirters and billet mains. Good and...
  6. afssanders

Project Sunbeam Update

Just got off the phone with Barry. Turns out I have a 2 BAR sensor. Anything above 15psi and it stayed at where I have it set. Which in my case was 36 to begin with minus 10 (my setting at 14.6psi +) = 25 degrees BTDC when it blew. Unless it sensed a knock, then who knows. He going to send me a...
  7. afssanders

Project Sunbeam Update

I wouldn't buy a used short block. It just would pay when I can buy brand new for 725 delivered. I'm using and programed my Simple Digital System ECU. They're made in Canada. Pretty pricey, but good stuff. Im sure you've heard of them. I've already had a look at the piston through a nice...
  8. afssanders

Project Sunbeam Update

I must not be running the type of ECU you think, because my MAP sensor isn't part of it. It's a separate unit and sits outside the ECU. There is only one ECU offered up and three pressure ranges of MAP sensors that he offers. I bought the 1 BAR. I'm going to have to order the 2 BAR now. While I...
  9. afssanders

Project Sunbeam Update

Well. It was a gradual increase up to 36 degree at 3 grand, then it stayed there. It didn't need to get retarded until 7 pounds of boost on 91 octane. I figured that out on hills out in Afton climbing hills in fourth. Id get half way up the hill and throw the hammer down and wait to see if I got...
  10. afssanders

Project Sunbeam Update

It's been awhile since I posted, so I thought I'd give you guys a heads up. I probably won't be making it to the reunion unless a small fortune lands in my pocket. I got about 500 miles on my car. I was tuning and driving it. It goes down the road like a new car. Nice and tight, in fact, a...
  11. afssanders

Duratec Update

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see mistakes as well, then other may learn from them.
  12. afssanders

fender flairs

Should be able to get a different reared and some sizable meats user there now.
  13. afssanders

NEW ALPINE for restoration

Love the engine. Its been a hell of a challenge. A bit of advise though. Keep it simple and stick with the T9 it's good for 225hp or the v6 one is good for 300hp. No point in waisting HP on a T5. If I had another stab at it I'd go with camming it up and four pretty little carbs. You can easily...
  14. afssanders

Project Sunbeam MMXI

I've had my share of trial and error in my life, but the CAD/CAM work is for maching parts. Mostly I think this poop up just before sleeping. I can get a pretty clear image then. I work out the details in my head before waisting too much time building. It also helps doing it that way if it's...
  15. afssanders

MegaSquirt (MS3) project

Good stuff guys. Makes me want to get one of these MS and plan around with it. That engine will probaly fit into a Sunbeam without to much trouble. Length isn't that bad. Width is another story.