• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by 67BEAMR

1. 67BEAMR

powerspark cologne distributor

I recen I recently put a powerspark from England in my 83 Bronco Cologne 2.8- works great.
  2. 67BEAMR

V6 1967 Alpine

Ok members are goes a long term project; Red S5 to become a Cologne V6. Engine mounts; I can make, but what if someone has dimensions or advice? My goal will be to keep a low center of gravity with the oil pan clearing the ground at the same point as the 1725. I made a pair of mounts in 1970...
  3. 67BEAMR

1725 Re-build.

Calulate the expansion before using the recommendation of Thornton of England rings if you remain concerned.
  4. 67BEAMR

1725 Re-build.

Thornton of England recommendations can be verified by calculating the expansion.
  5. 67BEAMR

15 inch wheels / 1962 sunbeam

Doesn't much matter as you don't intend to drive it. Lbooks are for show. Driveability is stock Alpine set up. 4 wheel controlled drifts at 55mph. 360 spins in lane and such at 55 also.
  6. 67BEAMR

Blower motor wiring?

Black and brown to resistor at one end. Second wire from switch to other end of resistor. This gives 2 speeds. 1 thrust resistor slow and faster straight to black wire with brown alternate wire from switch-
  7. 67BEAMR

Re-gap and New Paint

Hand made to match original soft top color. Took me 2 weeks.
  8. 67BEAMR

Probably a stupid question!

Oh yeah☺
  9. 67BEAMR

Wire wheel issues?

Loose has no ring but only thud. Each spoke should ring about the same. Simply spray paint hub and spine to close gap/clunk or have them oxidized. P.s. im looking to change mine to wire wheels...jp
  10. 67BEAMR

1725 Re-build.

Thornton rings of England disagrees sharing instead a ring gap of .0016 for 1st ring and .0025 for 2nd and 3rd oil thrust rings.
  11. 67BEAMR

Dad brought home a 1960 Alpine with engine and transmission in rear seat and trunk. He said, if...

Dad brought home a 1960 Alpine with engine and transmission in rear seat and trunk. He said, if you can make this run, it is yours.
  12. 67BEAMR

67 Alpine color code 130 Gunmetal gray 1725 like new

67 Alpine color code 130 Gunmetal gray 1725 like new