• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by 62SNBMR

1. 6

Source for Rebuilding Series II Oil pump

Junkman, when you say resurface the bottom plate, are you referring to the aluminum cover plate that attaches to the bottom of the pump body? The aluminum plate that has the intake spout. I've run into a different problem now. The clearance between the NEW outer rotor and the pump body is...
  2. 6

Thank you Don
  3. 6

I recently purchased the oil pump rebuild kit from Rootes Part Service Holland for the 1592 engine. Does anyone know of a reputable shop that is familiar with rebuilding these? I'm told that the pump can be removed from the engine while in the car (remove the sump, etc.) Appears to be a...
  4. 6

Fuel gauge not working

Turns out that the two fuel gauges were both bad. Decided to buy a $20 fuel gauge on amazon before removing the sending unit. It works. Quite nice. Nice bright LED. It will do for now, but want to get the original gauge rebuilt. Thanks all for the recommendations.
  5. 6

Bad Oil pressure gauge? Series II

Yes, 1592. Oil has less than 1K miles on it. Oil pressure relief valve in very good condition, moving freely. Oil line to gauge is new. Beginning to think it may be the oil pump. Can the oil pump be serviced without taking the engine out?
  6. 6

Fuel gauge not working

Mike, this may be a dumb question, but I was looking at the fuel sending unit. See attached pic. There is a cover plate with 4 screws. Is this a sealed compartment? I slowly loosened a screw and it started to weep gas.
  7. 6

Not getting any reading. I disconnected the line to the gauge and confirmed that I do have oil going through, but not squirting. Not sure what I should expect to see.
  8. 6

How can you test an oil pressure gauge? Simply by applying air pressure? Do these gauges fail often? Do they need to be serviced? cleaned out?
  9. 6

Fuel gauge not working

Cleaned up all contact points. All grounds cleaned. Illumination light working. Verified that I have 12V going to the "B" terminal. Disconnected the fuel sender wire from the "T" terminal. Nothing. Grounded the "T" terminal. Still nothing. May open up the gauge to see if there is...
  10. 6

Fuel gauge not working

I already have another that appears to be bad as well! Mike, Followed your troubleshooting tips. I've got power to the gauge. Retraced my electrical connections and all good. When I disconnected the fuel sender wire, the gauge did not peg high. When I ground the fuel sender wire, the gauge did...
  11. 6

Fuel gauge not working

It may be the gauge. Followed the troubleshooting tips from Mike. I've got power to the gauge. When I disconnected the fuel sender wire, the gauge did not peg high. When I ground the fuel sender wire, the gauge did not peg low. Did some tests on the resistance of the fuel gauge as called...
  12. 6

Series V Alternator bracket needed

Need for a generator to alternator conversion on a Ser. II.
  13. 6

Fuel gauge not working

Mike, Thanks for the response. Yes, temp gauge working fine. I'll work through this and let you know what I find. Just found a spare fuel gauge that I may also try. Pete
  14. 6

Fuel gauge not working

I converted my Series II to negative ground recently and thought everything went really well until I noticed my fuel gauge is no longer working. Checked all the connections. The gauge light works but the needle is not moving. By changing to negative ground, does that effect the sending unit...