• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wake Up !

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Folks,
Lets DO something, How 'bout mid to late March, kind of a tune up for the Invasion ?? I'm open to any and all suggestions.............idea's ?

Tom j

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here's something to think about for a get together, the High Museum of Art will be having the Allure of the Automobile March 21-June20. We could meet at the High check out the display, then get the heck out of Atlanta, go for a short drive have lunch somewhere.

Tom j

www.high.org for details

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Here's something to think about for a get together, the High Museum of Art will be having the Allure of the Automobile March 21-June20. We could meet at the High check out the display, then get the heck out of Atlanta, go for a short drive have lunch somewhere.

Tom j

www.high.org for details

Sounds good!

Just not the weekend of march 27 for me that is the annual Race of Fools rally across Georgia...

ps might accept a late entry thinking of the bluebeam....

britbeam

Donation Time
Allan what is the Race of Fools?
Yea a ride would be good, maybe the 20th. Daylight savings starts on the 14th, a little extra daylight might be good. If you think you might want to try a country ride south of Atlanta I might be able to come up with a plan. Need to talk with the boss and see whats up on the calender. Got some nice country roads down here and some good places to have lunch.
Dwain V6 Krazy

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Allan what is the Race of Fools?
Yea a ride would be good, maybe the 20th. Daylight savings starts on the 14th, a little extra daylight might be good. If you think you might want to try a country ride south of Atlanta I might be able to come up with a plan. Need to talk with the boss and see whats up on the calender. Got some nice country roads down here and some good places to have lunch.
Dwain V6 Krazy

Dwain,
I ran across a group at the Rome Brit Car Show, that puts on a cross-Georgia
rally twice yearly.

The rallys run ~400 miles + however many miles a team gets lost (driver/navigator).

One starts in Athens and goes to St Marys, on the coast. That's the fall event, called Damn The Torpedoes (DTT).

The rallys are for vintage cars only--pre 1976--all marques. I have entered the only Sunbeam that I know of.

The other is more difficult--the Race of Fools. It ends at an undisclosed location. If you can't follow or fathom the clues--you may be far out in the rural part of GA or maybe SC or TN when the sun goes down.

These races are timed and against the clock. No rules except no freeways, and a moving violation disqualifies.

Let me know if interested and I will try to hook you up, although I don't know if applications are open for the event it is so close.

Allan

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Hey All you Atlanta Beamers, and others around Georgia or even South Carolina (or where ever) if you remember, I had invited you all down here to Warner Robins a while back for a Bar-B-Que and for you all to check out my new garage. Also to give my 69 fastback a look. That invation is still open. There are nice back roads to get here from up north, or just take I-75 all the way. Let me know so I can do some planning. I will not even try to do ribs, Tom has those all wraped up, there's no way I could compete. YEA TOM! :D

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Marques entered into the cross-GA Race of Fools (so far):

1. MGB
2. Mercedes 450SL
3. MGB Roadster
4. Sunbeam Alpine
5. Triumph TR8
6. Triumph TR8
7. International Scout
8. Ford Fairlane
9. Triumph TR4
10. Triumph 2000 Rallye
11. Triumph Stag
12. MGB Roadster
13. Jaguar E-Type
14. BMW 2002
15. Triumph TR8
16. MGB
17. Damn Fast Healey
18. Volkswagen Beetle
19. Cadillac Eldorado Conv
20. DeTomaso Pantera
21. Triumph TR6
22. Triumph TR6
23. Porsche 356
24. Jaguar E-Type
25. Mercedes Benz 190SL
26. Mercedes Benz 280C

britbeam

Donation Time
Hey All you Atlanta Beamers, and others around Georgia or even South Carolina (or where ever) if you remember, I had invited you all down here to Warner Robins a while back for a Bar-B-Que and for you all to check out my new garage. Also to give my 69 fastback a look. That invation is still open. There are nice back roads to get here from up north, or just take I-75 all the way. Let me know so I can do some planning. I will not even try to do ribs, Tom has those all wraped up, there's no way I could compete. YEA TOM! :D

Hey Bob that would be fine with me and if some of the guys wanted to meet at my house I would be glad to take the backroads to your place. Let me know which weekend we would be talking about. I still have this JOB thing in the way but not for long.
Dwain V6 Krazy

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Now we're starting to go places.....Let's work it out. Dwain are you going to make the Invasion?
Allan, A trip down to Bob's might just be a warm up for the ROF is this the one that doesn't always use paved roads?
All right Bob get ready we're heading your way, What can I bring ??
Tom j

Steve ? Chris ? Ted ? (don't know if he's a member, but he's got a couple nice 'pines) anyone else ?

join in

britbeam

Donation Time
Now we're starting to go places.....Let's work it out. Dwain are you going to make the Invasion?
Allan, A trip down to Bob's might just be a warm up for the ROF is this the one that doesn't always use paved roads?
All right Bob get ready we're heading your way, What can I bring ??
Tom j

Steve ? Chris ? Ted ? (don't know if he's a member, but he's got a couple nice 'pines) anyone else ?

join in

Tom I will be at the Invasion and I will be bringing V6 Jose himself with me. Looking forward to a great Invasion and for those building a V6 Alpine or thinking about it. This will be your best opportunity to pick Joses V6 Brain. Cant wait to see all the gang and spend time with Jose. Howbout it Bob what weekend will work?
Dwain V6 Krazy

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Looks like the 27th of March will work best for us. Anyone have a contact for Alan Rhodes, seems like he's retired and didn't leave a forwarding address, Barry, can you help? I don't think we'll need a rain date, but has anyone have any thoughts on that? Dwain, that's good news about V6 Jose. When will he be arriving?

sd_pace

Donation Time
Hey I ready to shake the dust off... would love to get together... i been so busy the last two months I need a break... but have an electrical problem to fix first... Dwain... I am following you to Bobs!
steve:D

britbeam

Donation Time
Ok Bob got my Kitchen Pass and the 27th is set aside . Is it a go for sure? Steve send me a PM with a phone number so we can get info between us. Anyone that would want to the country backroads from my house to Bobs is welcome. Got some great two lane between here and Warner Robbins. It will be a good time at Bobs and this would be a good run for the Alpines.
Dwain V6 Krazy

britbeam

Donation Time
Tom if you guys can meet at my house on the southside of Atlanta we can go from here and have some real nice two lane blacktop . Hmm sounds like a car guy movie and ride. Sweet baby James Taylor wont be with us in his 55 Chevy though. Tom would you pm your phone number and any others in our area wwe might intrest in the ride. TKS
Dwain V6 Krazy

britbeam

Donation Time
Bob do you have a time in mind so I can give a time to meet at my house for the drive down? What would you like for us to bring to go with the B-Q?
Dwain V6 krazy

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
It would be best for you all to be here between 10 and 11. Need time for talking, eating, maybe work on a car or two and still try to get on the road home before dark.:)
Bob do you have a time in mind so I can give a time to meet at my house for the drive down? What would you like for us to bring to go with the B-Q?
Dwain V6 krazy

britbeam

Donation Time
It would be best for you all to be here between 10 and 11. Need time for talking, eating, maybe work on a car or two and still try to get on the road home before dark.:)

Thanks Bob now we can set a time to leave my house. Guys Bobs house a 100 miles from my house on the southside of Atlanta. We would need to "Depart my house" at 8:30 am. As you noticed Bob is setting his time so we will be able to return before nightfall. Also daylight savings time starts on
March 14th so that will help also. I will be calling those that I have phone numbers for. If you dont get a call please feel free to send me a PM on this site. I go by Britbeam on the members list. Hey lookin forward to a great time.
Dwain V6 Krazy