• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Plastic Fuel Line Size?

gordonra

Donation Time
Hi all,

A while back I needed to replace the plastic fuel line on my Series V. I used a temporary fix of rubber fuel line (I used fuel injector line for robustness), but I would now like to fix it to a more proper/standard material.

Can anyone measure their plastic fuel line ID & OD for me?

Caution: If anyone else is attempting to do this, please make sure you use a line that is fuel compatible.

Rich

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
This came up about a year ago or more, I recommend a search here. It's nylon, and there were vendon's given

JConstable

Donation Time
I am in the process of working on my fuel system and my measurements indicate a nylon line with an OD of 5/16 and and ID of 5/32, NAPA says they can order it. This also gives me an opportunity to pose several questions...

Was the fuel line in standard configuration fitted to both the fuel tank and the fuel pump by standard SAE compression fittings?

In the fuel pump the diaphram has a spindle that links it to the camshaft through a pair of links. This spindle enters the main body of the pump through what appears to be a leather or fiber washer that seems to be part of the pump body - my washer is shredded...do I need to worry or will every thing function normally?

John

gordonra

Donation Time
This came up about a year ago or more, I recommend a search here. It's nylon, and there were vendon's given

Actually Nylon isn't rated for gasoline, but it is rated for kerosine.

A better/more modern choice for gasoline is PVC or Tygon.

I'll ask again... Please, dimensions anyone?

Edit... I found that it is 1/4" ID. Anyone have the OD?

Rich

JConstable

Donation Time
Rich,
Granted my tubing does not say nylon on it but between NAPA and Jumpinjan I went with that designation. Regardless, the line of a stiff, black, plastic-like material that runs from the fuel tanks to the fuel pump is 5/16 OD and 5/32 ID. I hope this helps. John

65beam

Donation Time
fuel line

there were a couple different fuel pumps available over the years. one type had the screw in fitting and another had a metal tube pressed into the pump. this required the use of a rubber hose to connect the line.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Here are some applications for up to date replacement for your fuel lines.

Tygon Formulation F-4040-A Fuel and Lubricant tubing.

Tygon UV- Resistant Tubing

You can find these at www.coleparmer.com or www.lss.com or Fisher Scientific. You may find this at Granger as well!

Cole-Parmer would be your best source.:cool: