• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1963 Sunbeam Harrington Lemans

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Ian, speaking of paint codes, isn't your Alpine donor body actually primed with DP90? DP40 is dark green. Either way, great base primer! Any car worth doing correctly should be base primed with PPG DP primer. I hope to see your base of operations next year if I can stay out of the "nut house" that long!

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Ian, speaking of paint codes, isn't your Alpine donor body actually primed with DP90? DP40 is dark green. Either way, great base primer! Any car worth doing correctly should be base primed with PPG DP primer. I hope to see your base of operations next year if I can stay out of the "nut house" that long!

Yep... you are right. I've always had a bad habit of calling all DP primer DP40. I've been using the DP74 and DP90 most too!

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Pictures?

Does anyone out there have a copy of the original pictures from the seller's back yard? I thought I had copies of the, but can't seem to find them. Thanks.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Is it Pippin or Pippen?
The Rootes dealer paint chip sheet lists it as Pippen red. Now the name apparently came from the type of apple in the UK. If one searches google, I get Pippen apples and Pippin apples. So is there a difference? Which Pippin/en spelling is correct?
(By the way, my PeeSea spell checker doesn't like the spelling of Pippen)
Jan

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
The difference is 159,900. Number of hits for Pippen Apples=28,100. Number of hits for Pippin Apples=188,000. Survey sez (ding) probably pippin. Usually, I'm more confident when the ratio is millions vs. tens of thousands.

Ken