• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
After trying several options for the side mirrors, decided to put the original mirrors back on the car. The chrome ones looked nice but were too close to the door and did not give me a safe side and rear view because of the angle. The bullet ones I made turned out to just be too small of a mirror for my taste. So now I have breakaway electric mirrors, again!
Not liking the news about Los Angeles area (Covid 19) with the Queens English show coming up. We will be there regardless of wether the show is on or not.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Anyone looking for a nice project for a decent price?
Not mine, be happy to look at it for you.
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/santa-rosa-1963-sunbeam-alpine-runs/7346779823.html

1963 Project.jpg

Runs and drives..has been in storage for many years.I dug this out of my uncle's garage, Towed it home and got it running.The motor sounds good. the accelerator pump doesent work. It has a hilman engine. the paint and old body work is rough. the interior is very rough , It needs total restoration. It has a hard top with a broken back window. it has a soft top that is in poor shape.The tires are brand new. the rims dont fit properly but they work.the brakes work. There is also a spare engine and rear end. The spare engine has a single side draft carburetor. The registration is on non op.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Wait, How many Alpines had Hillman motors?

None from the factory. It's a replacement for the original engine "because it fits - sort of".

The spare engine is from a Hunter (Arrow) iron head or fastback style Alpine. It would be interesting to have the VIN from the block in the car. The carbs without accelerator pumps were used on the earlier 1390 and 1494 engines, IIRC. This car has a spin on oil filter which would be a later part than the carb. There is a possibility it could be a later engine with an early carb and manifold set because the Hunter style manifolds wont work in a series Alpine. The nylon fuel line might indicate a later engine as well.

I'm not positive but is the body VIN plate missing?

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Wow, Alpine hardtop for $100! (not mine)
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/d/walnut-grove-sunbeam-alpine-hardtop/7356358783.html

Sunbeam alpine hardtop - $100 (Walnut grove)
3152.png
3152.png
3153.png
3153.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
Aluminum
Needs rear window

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
John, good to meet the both of you as well. So glad I took the trip down to SoCal for the show. Your cars gave me inspiration to get mine more finished and put a decent paint job on it.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Jim,
Good question, it is hard to tell since there are no engine bay pictures posted. I do see a muffler and part of a tailpipe on the passenger seat and a single roll bar?
Different indeed, don't think the asking price is too far off.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Just went to look at the photos again and the listing is deleted. I assume it sold fast.