• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Adjustable Nuts for Windshield

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I just made a deal to have a bunch of the adjustable windshield nuts fabricated with expected availability date within 30 to 45 days.

Cost per pair $16 plus shipping.

Anyone interested can let me know by sending a PM or E-mail tiger2dan at gmail dot com with your contact info.

I will provide pictures upon request,

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike, For an answer to your question, here is a PDF explaining what it is all about. I bought a couple of these nuts when i started my restoration to my Blue Boy a long time ago. Worked perfectly for me.

I read somewhere that these nuts were no longer stocked, so to keep them available I took the plunge and invested a few dollars so they would be available to the Sunbeam World......Keep'em-on-the-Road,

Attachments

• WS58TechTip.pdf
    527.1 KB · Views: 105

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan,
Count me in for a couple of sets.
Cheers!
Steve

OK Steve I'll add you to the list.

UPDATE: My Draftsman/Engineer/Laser Buddy has already cut a work order for them, just depending on the system to get them produced.

Will check on them again after the 4th,

Thanks Guys,

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
OK toyanvil, But PM me your contact info for shipping.

Last edited:

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
You will need a modified long reach socket to get to the hex on the adjuster. I think I had to turn down the OD of the socket in my 10" lathe.
Jan

twautomotive

Donation Time
Thanks for the help. Found out file was downloading but not auto opening. Problem was (surprise) my computer but mostly me.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Got you down for one (1) pair/set

When you get a chance send me your email and phone

Had them but can't find them,

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
You will need a modified long reach socket to get to the hex on the adjuster. I think I had to turn down the OD of the socket in my 10" lathe.
Jan

Jan, You are correct in pointing out the need to have a socket turned down for this modification.

It is covered in FIGURE 5, Page 2 of the PDF