• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wanted: 1725 Oil pan

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I looked yesterday for one and all I have is one for a 1600 with the external dip stick tube.
Got me wondering, can the tube be removed, weld over the hole, and then use on a 1725? Or just leave the tube in place with the old dip stick? Has anyone done this?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Eric
I looked yesterday for one and all I have is one for a 1600 with the external dip stick tube.
Got me wondering, can the tube be removed, weld over the hole, and then use on a 1725? Or just leave the tube in place with the old dip stick? Has anyone done this?
Eric... Dont the 3 main and 5 main blocks have slightly different bolt patterns on the sump? I recall the gasket sets being different?

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Eric

Eric... Don't the 3 main and 5 main blocks have slightly different bolt patterns on the sump? I recall the gasket sets being different?

I seem to recall that the pan rails on the 1725 block are wider apart than the rails for a three main block. Also, the baffle design in the three main pan needs some modification to accommodate the 1725 pump. There may also be a difference in the radius to seal the main bearing caps.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I seem to recall that the pan rails on the 1725 block are wider apart than the rails for a three main block. Also, the baffle design in the three main pan needs some modification to accommodate the 1725 pump. There may also be a difference in the radius to seal the main bearing caps.
The sump baffles are definitely different due to the change in pickup and pipes from the 3 vs 5 main pump... But they are easily modified with some tin snips...

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
It was just a wild idea I had-now I see that it is not as easy as I thought! And you would have to have a pan from each to compare and to modify.....