• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vey clean little Imp, for sale in SoCal...

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yeah, Imps are a real cross between a Mini, Corvair and Porsche in my opinion... and they are hellaciously fast on the race circuit.

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
I sold one to a guy in Monrovia many years back......... I wonder.........

alpine_64

Donation Time
Be good to fit rings instead of a head gasket... Those have a worse habbit of failing than standard alloy head rootes motors.

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
Be good to fit rings instead of a head gasket... Those have a worse habbit of failing than standard alloy head rootes motors.
Wills rings aren't fitted to a "standard" Imp engine as the rings will dig in to the aluminium casting around the liners (liners are cast into the block), but it is common practice for engines where the liners have been completed removed and replaced with fully steel "wet" liners (ie to get 998cc and above). Imps do have a reputation for blowing head gaskets but if they are put together properly, retorqued carefully and, most importantly, don't overheat, then a gasket is fine; there are some high quality ones available these days which makes a difference.
I've got two highly strung wet-liner imp engines, an old one with rings but the newer "race" one uses a gasket and its been fine, despite being regularly thrashed!

Thats a nice little Imp, I love the way its described as : Size: sub-compact!