• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

wind deflector

jerseyjoe

Donation Time
Has anyone retro fitted a rear seat wind delector? I put on visors this year and it helped some with the wind but I would like to mount the one behind the seats. Has anyone done this? and if so, which one worked for you.
Many thanks and stay safe....

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Suggest yoiu GoTo our FEATURED Articles and How To Section Look for Tim R and his great POST on how to improve our Sunbeams. He has a great article on teh Wind Deflector (I believe from a Miatia).

alpine_64

Donation Time
Seen several.. Some make their own removable ones, some have them fold down over the rear seat level with the soft top cover in the pofile of the opening...

I believe the UK guys also adapt MGF parts and ive seen the early model small merc slk ones used

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
No luck finding a part like a wind deflector at a junkyard everything gets picked clean very fast. It's like you got to have a connection there to get decent parts. It would be nice to see some pictures other than the ones that are already mentioned

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Anything seems to work quite well. I put head rests on the Alpine seats, then mounted clear plexiglass to cover the space between the headrest. While somewhat a pain in the butt, it was very effective.

Bill

pruyter

Donation Time
Yes the fact that no prices are mentioned is irritating, I have mentioned that already to the owner of this company but to no avail.
At least they deliver quality parts and they know their business.
I agree with your comment on the bungee cords.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Seems I heard that the Cooper convt. deflector is a good fit but requires custom brackets to mount.

alpine_64

Donation Time

tractordealer

Platinum Level Sponsor
I fit a Mini Cooper windscreen to my SV. Custom brackets as you can see in the pictures. Works great and really improves the ride, especially for the bride and her longish hair.20201212_145459.jpg 20201212_145509.jpg

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Oooo... Mini Cooper is a great idea.... considering I have both an Alpine SV and a Mini Cabriolet, I can use it on both!

(But I see that those Mini wind deflectors are are rather pricey... Hmm... I am a Scot, after all! :))

Last edited:

tractordealer

Platinum Level Sponsor
2005-2008 are the correct ones. Tim R has a really good video on the installation. Found mine on Ebay in Germany used for about $200US.

Karl

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
This may help you. The deflector is from a MINI, easy enough to get on E Bay at not too much money.

Tim R