• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hub Puller Needed - Denver area

62SNBMR

Gold Level Sponsor
If it ain't one thing, it's another....Thought I had a leaking brake cylinder, but nooooo. Have a leak on the right rear axle. I've read many threads and watched the video on the Alpine channel (great video). Appears my oil seal is shot. So, wonder if there is anybody in the Denver area with a hub puller?

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I dont have a puller, but where are you in Denver?

Also.... Its more work but you can replace an axle seal by removing the whole brake back plate. There are a set of gaskets that need replaced and the bearing will also need pressed out.
Not easier but possible.

Someone needs to setup a club tool rental for something like this.

62SNBMR

Gold Level Sponsor
I don't have a puller, but where are you in Denver?

Also.... Its more work but you can replace an axle seal by removing the whole brake back plate. There are a set of gaskets that need replaced and the bearing will also need pressed out.
Not easier but possible.

Someone needs to setup a club tool rental for something like this.
North Castle Pines.

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick @ Sunbeam Specialties has one that he loans out. Just pay postage back and forth. Works great, took off wire wheel and regular hubs.

62SNBMR

Gold Level Sponsor
Rick @ Sunbeam Specialties has one that he loans out. Just pay postage back and forth. Works great, took off wire wheel and regular hubs.
Thanks for the info. Didn't think of asking Rick and didn't see any threads mentioning it. I've certainly bought my share of parts from SS over the years.

Mark B

Donation Time
I work in Golden, (pre Covid), and drove my Alpine there almost once a week. 12th & Jackson right downtown.

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Talked to Larry @ Sunbeam Specialties, told him about the puller loan out. The process is he gets your card info (which he has if most of you have used his services) and charges postage back and forth about $35 round trip. About as close to a “club” puller you could have. New ones cost around $140 if you order the extra arm, it come with 3 & you need 4.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
And here is the/a part number to the arm also:
Part Number
Manufacturer
OTC TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
Description
Extra Puller Leg for OTC7394 Hub Puller

AND A Video: