• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Starting body work

DaveSeries1

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi guys, It's been a while since posting anything. Making progress on the S1, now on a rotisserie. Lots of rot. Some folks have told me to scrap in and find another tub, but I would have all matching serial #s if I kept the old one. Does it seem too far gone? Everything is good about 8" up from the bottom. Will start stripping and prepping next week. All opinions welcome. Dave

Attachments

• 20200807_161703.jpg
    20200807_161703.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 20200807_161739.jpg
    20200807_161739.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 20200801_095239.jpg
    20200801_095239.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 71

alpine_64

Donation Time
The sills are available as are some of the X memeber parts .. Floors front are available.. Backs are available for series 3 on.. You can probably modify to work.. What are the seat rails like?

Also with that much rot in the lower body you will likely have to brace the car cross body as well as across the usual door openings between a and b posts as he sills and X give the body its strength.. Its likely sagging and you dont want to weld it up bowed.

Lots of work ...

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've seen worse and if you're doing the work yourself and taking your time it salvageable.
Just make sure the frame rot is done correctly ( straight and plumb) as that'll throw
everything off if it's not.

Seat rails, as Michael pointed out are a challenge.
Cheers!
Steve

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dave, I see you are in NC..... I'm in Greenwood, SC

I have a complete floor from a Series I/II with very nice sheet metal AND the under frame is non-rusty!

Send me your E-mail and I can provide you with excellent pictures for you to review.

The money saved will far exceed your labor and materials needed to replace the damage you have shown in the pictures posted here.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Dave, I see you are in NC..... I'm in Greenwood, SC

I have a complete floor from a Series I/II with very nice sheet metal AND the under frame is non-rusty!

Send me your E-mail and I can provide you with excellent pictures for you to review.

The money saved will far exceed your labor and materials needed to replace the damage you have shown in the pictures posted here.

Not to mention it will give him correct dimensions!

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Dave, Where in NC are you? I am in Holly Springs. I have a series 2 in my garage with original bodywork if you need to take any measurements. Steve