• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'67 Sunbeam on BaT

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
This should be interesting to watch. The car looks very nice, but the VIN tag swapping sounds funky. I would have assumed it was illegal, but can't imagine BAT would list it if there was a problem.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I imagine that is the same tan interior from Sunbeam Specialties that is going in my project. I will be going with a dark blue carpet to match the dark blue paint.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Way past Funky, if the Yellow car had a salvage title it's been carried over to the blue car. What insurance company wants a car with a salvage title?
Pretty car with a cloud on the title...

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have consulted the local voodoo princess, and come up with some possible reasons.
The blue car had several hundred dollars worth of back registration fees.. by the way those can be escaped on old classic cars.
The blue car had a shi_ ton of parking tickets.
The yellow car's license plate had the owner's initials.
The blue car was out of system and owner didn't want to take it to CHP on a trailer, as it's not legal to drive it there is DMV will not give you a one day moving permit.
Then there's the old, it seemed like a good idea at the time :)
I have 2 sets of the Cosmic wheels and hopefully this will motivate me to stick some on
my car. On the positive side I wonder if the motor number of the yellow car is included and if he will also include all the tag title from the blue car. I've seen more than one Sunbeam with a state ID in the old factory number. This will truly be interesting to see where the price ends up.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Any reason other than the weather that people live in California? (Only half kidding!)
I've often wondered the same. My wife has a cousin living just outside of Napa. Has about five acres, three of which are in grapes. He makes an excellent wine and they live in a beautiful, but not extravagant house. A wonderful couple that have built a terrific life. I had a little discussion with him about California. He is well aware of all its drawbacks, but says where else could he live the life he so enjoys with the wonderful climate and scenery that awaits him every day.

Bill

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Well most of us may have tried to avoid the wet spot, there's a big wet spot called the Pacific Ocean. I have put several thousand miles on it.
If you'd like to know why a lot of us have to stay it's because we have a tax base that's protected. Which is also a reason why many people in other states despite Californians coming in because we end up raising their tax base because we're willing to sell our house here for big bucks and drive up their property valuations without even thinking about it. That is truly an unintended consequence of Californians leaving and coming to your state. Be careful what you wish for or wonder about..
Meanwhile back to the topic...
Personally I have beat the back fees on old cars totaling at least $1,000. Not so lucky with parking tickets. I guess the owner never heard of the Vermont title work around.
I got a welcome to Tiger world with a your car could be crushed . This is a great car for sale but I tell you I wouldn't buy it unless he fixed the title before I got it. If you say mother may I and get their permission it is legal to move tags in California.
Obviously we don't know what his intent was but let's get back to speculating on that.