• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SMITHS Clocks

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Is there a resource available that identifies what car belongs to which clock? Or vice-versa? Thanks for any help.

Rick

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Both Mike's and Ian's documents show what clocks were "original factory" clocks. But I am guessing that there were probably more clocks installed by dealers than the factory. So pretty tough to figure out what clock was installed "when the car was originally sold" . Still might be worthwhile to know what clock the factory "would have " installed, or where this clock was "intended" to be installed.

Tom

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Is it a CE3114/QO ? That was the only hit I see on the 'Net.

I don't see CE3114 listed on the Smiths Suppression list document I have ...

Mike

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Is it a CE3114/QO ? That was the only hit I see on the 'Net.

I don't see CE3114 listed on the Smiths Suppression list document I have ...

Mike

It’s definitely 00 Mike. I contacted Nisonger to see what they had to say. They told me that the CE series of SMITHS clocks were used in many British cars in the 60’s. They had no input on which car(s) the CE 3114/00 might have been installed in. They recommended “refacing” the clock with the correct PN for the car it’s going to be fitted to. So they would take this clock and give it whatever part number you want. Sounds kinda tacky to me. For those who are curious, Nisonger’s cost to rebuild the clock is $185 plus $80 to reface the clock plus shipping. So for about $300 you can have a SMITHS clock that might work for a while. Or, you can just keep the dead one in place and use your phone to tell the time.

Rick

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Seems like refacing with the "right" PN could be potentially more fraudulent than tacky. :) Buyer beware as always.