• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Now I'm in for it.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
It appears that I have room at the bottom front of the slope of the console that will let me route the wires below the console and stay out of the interior all together. The holes have been drilled now, so no going back.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I dropped the seats and console off at the upholstery shop this afternoon. They will be done way before the car is back from paint.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hurrah, I have been granted an audience with my paint and body guy so we can talk about my car that has been in his shop untouched for more than a month. Wish me luck.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I've had better luck with the collision repair guys than the custom guys. I do my own body work and let them spray the Epoxy sealer, top coat and clear. Polish it out myself. There are lots of factory colors that look good. The metallic blue on the new Ford Escape looks very close to the Cobra blue you like.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
I know right?

I love how the custom car fabbing tv shows always make it seem like they have these strict deadlines driven by the customers. That is not how I have seen them work in the real world.
Watch phantom works for a couple of seasons the same cars sit waiting. I wish I could get parts as fast!

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
So I spent a couple hours with my paint and body guy today. I will be going foward with the midnight saphire blue with arctic white shelby stripes. The good news is he now thinks he will be done in October instead of December.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
20430085_10212033969378162_78927823683270045_n.jpg 20108214_10212033972378237_8947492313191340257_n.jpg Aladin, I plan on Shelby stripes too, but Ghost stripes. Clear with silver metallic and pearl added. I plan on making the stripes and space a 1/4" wider at the cowl and top of the trunk for perspective. Otherwise they look smaller there. Straight up and down in front and back. I haven't decided on 6" or 8". Similar to this guy, only get rid of the divider in lower front opening and license plate on trunk.

Last edited:

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am going with metal flake blue cor the body, but no flake on the stripes. They will just be bright white. I have a pdf of how the shelby stipes are suposed to be laid out on a cobra, we will use similar tapering to give the correct perspective.

I dont know if any of you heard about the wind storm that hit Iowa yesterday, but nearly every tree in Cedar Rapids has major damage. I have a 100 foot tall pine leaning on my house with branches through to the attic. We have no power and likely wont for a week or more. Glad I have a generator.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sounds like what we had in NY last Tuesday. Many trees down and no power for 5 days.
Luckily for me, nothing was damaged.
Supposed to be a messy hurricane season this year.

It's time to start looking at generators!

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
So, a suicidal deer ran into the side of my pickup last weekend. After the big storm a month ago, all the local body shops are booked out for months. I am taking the truck to the same place that is working on the sunbeam. It is 2 hours from home, so not as impacted by the rush of business caused by the storm. I will get to see if they have done anything at all to the car yet. I also dropped by the upholstery shop today and was told my seats and console will be done by the end of next week.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
20201030_162020.jpg It has been a while since i had anything to report. I got the seats and center console back from the shop today. The seat covers and new foams came from Rick at SS. I have to cut holes in the vinyl for the console lock and the buttons for the seat heaters.