• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

AND SO THE FUN BEGINS

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Well, the secret is out.

To quote the great philosopher of the '70's, Harry Callahan, "a man's got to know his limitations".

It's mine.

Back in Phoenix, I had time and the support to make a go of putting this car on the road but was out of work for an extended time. Up here, I really don't have the time and people i can get the advice to get it done. So the decision had to be made to sell the project and the tons of parts I assembled over 10+ years or just admit it wasn't going to get done sitting in my garage. Joel and I talked and he was kind enough to take it on. I'm grateful.

I greatly admire you who can execute a car from the ground up.

Joel pretty much has a free hand to build it. I'm not going to micromanage. I'm hoping he will post updates and things he discovers along the way so members can learn from this project's progress. It's in great hands and I trust his judgement.

I shipped 6 footlockers of parts and 3 cardboard boxes along with the roller. There will be leftovers and I still have stuff here. As soon as Joel advises me he has everything he needs I'll offer what we don't need.

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Nick, Great to hear you are finally getting your "spare" Alpine together.... I'm sure Joel will make you happy.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Joel, over the phone you mentioned in the time I installed the 5 link and coilovers, you made improvements to the design. What changes did you make?

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
According to the guy I got the engine from, about $5k in flow work was done on the heads already.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Joel what pcd are they.. ? 5 stud allows so many period style wheels that the stock 4x108 doesnt.

We are basically limited to 4 spoke for a lot of period alloys with stanard bolt pattern ... But the libre, torque thrust etc look so much nicer in 5 spoke...