• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

new addition

65beam

Donation Time
I found this on E Bay in the U.K. about a week ago. I haven't seen this series 3 dealer brochure before so I bought it. It's a very large brochure in that when opened fully it measures 23 in by 25in. It shows both ST's and GT's as well as LHD and RHD.110_0987.JPG 110_0988.JPG 110_0989.JPG

alpine_64

Donation Time
these were reproduced in the victorian club about 15 years ago, the owner who restored the concourse series 3 had them made from his original.

I also aquired and repro'ed the special options a5 pamphlet for the S3. I used to have it free for people ro download along with the SII special tunning fuide on my old webshots page.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Is there any very detailed pictures of the SIV GT available anywhere? I have not found any yet!

In order to bring my GT back to something close to original it would be very worthwhile to have "close-ups"......

alpine_64

Donation Time
Dan what photos do you need? The alpine/tiger gold portfolio book had lots of good photos of the S3 and IV GTs in the period road tests.

Also John Bogis who owned the amazing survivor SIVGT auto did very extensive photo documentation

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan what photos do you need?

John Bogis SIVGT auto extensive photo documentation would most likely be a Great Help!

How can either John's Documentation or The alpine/tiger gold portfolio book be obtained ?

Michael, As you probably know by now the GT (badly rusted) was a parts car by the PO, a gift to me from a friend. I salvaged it! Used it as a project to convert to a V6 Powered Alpine because the BW35 was long gone, the replacement engine was disassembled and lots of the peculiar BW35 and GT pieces were also missing.

I have accumulated some of the missing pieces. PIC's and Documentation peculiar to the BW35 and GT would enhance it's restoration for other than the modifications such as engine, transmission, EPS and A.C.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

65beam

Donation Time
Bob, I have an original one that my older brother received from Lewis Auto Sales (Sunbeam dealer here in Dayton) back in the early '60s
Jan
I have other brochures for series 3 but this is the first one of this size that I've run across. It's much larger than other series 3 brochures that I have in my collection.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Michael, I have accumulated more of the missing pieces and have actuaually fabricated many more since the prior posts were made.

John Bogis SIVGT auto extensive photo documentation would be of Great benefit.

If you could help me find his documentation I'd surely appreciated it,

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hey dan, sorry just seen this post again, that time nov last year i was flat out and this slipped my list. I also didnt have access to the documents... But i should do now.. Ill do some digging this week.

Always feel free to drop me an email to chase me up on stuff ;-)