• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

warranty book

65beam

Donation Time
Found this on e bay last week. It's for a car bought in Pittsburgh and has one service ticket removed.110_1169.JPG 110_1170.JPG

65beam

Donation Time
The car is not listed in the registry on the home page. When I see items like this I tend to buy them. I have a lot of items like this.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I have a few NOS unstamped books like that for the australian cars. I gave a few to some guys stateside a few years back.

The UK rapier club repro'ed the UK ones

65beam

Donation Time
This was on e bay and being sold by a person in the Columbus area. This was in the mail box today and the wife and I wondered if the car ended up in the Columbus area. I have unused warranty books for both the series Alpines and the Arrow range. The flat rate labor books I have are something that are interesting.

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Thanks Kevin, always interesting to read the possible back story behind our Rootesmobiles. Had a quick look at the link to his photography but there were only a couple of shots of local car shows, one a row of Triumphs, the other MGs. No Sunbeams on the day...?

Are we sure it's the same guy though? The gentleman in the obit would have been 30 in 1964 when the Alpine was purchased, had met his future wife in 1956 and they went on to have 4 sons. Seems a bit unusual to buy a 2 seater sports car with a wife and young family....? If they were wealthy enough I suppose it could have been a self indulgent impulse buy at the time? Any other theories??

Bit sloppy of the dealer miss recording the full chassis number too. Now we don't know if it was an ST or GT....sheesh!

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
Thanks Kevin, always interesting to read the possible back story behind our Rootesmobiles. Had a quick look at the link to his photography but there were only a couple of shots of local car shows, one a row of Triumphs, the other MGs. No Sunbeams on the day...?

Are we sure it's the same guy though? The gentleman in the obit would have been 30 in 1964 when the Alpine was purchased, had met his future wife in 1956 and they went on to have 4 sons. Seems a bit unusual to buy a 2 seater sports car with a wife and young family....? If they were wealthy enough I suppose it could have been a self indulgent impulse buy at the time? Any other theories??

Bit sloppy of the dealer miss recording the full chassis number too. Now we don't know if it was an ST or GT....sheesh!
The Sunbeams are usually in the next row to the left. Last July the Sunbeams were across from the tent used for event head quarters and right in the center of things. The British show is in conjunction with the vintage Gran Prix run thru the streets of Schenley Park in down town Pittsburgh. This is roughly 250 miles from where we live so the wife and I have attended this show since it started so there was at least one Sunbeam there. There's usually 5 or 6. Since the photo is from 1994 I don't remember off hand which car we had. I believe the cut off for registration is 300 cars. The show is run by the Western Pa. Triumph club which is a large local club. There's an Italian show, German show, Porsche, VW, American, Corvette, etc. and last July SAAC had a meet there. A couple Tigers were in their group. A smaller show happens on Sunday. Don't know about any connection but there was a Levinson Steel in Pittsburgh at one time. What the dealer wrote and how they did it was one of the reasons I hit the "Buy It Now" key. I think I should be approaching close to 500 pieces of dealer literature, manuals, etc.,etc. This piece is a nice addition.