• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

FB GROUP.

PETER CLAYTON

Donation Time
If you're not a member of the ALPINE Group on FB join us.only 12 short of 2000 members so lot of experience on the site. You may have got your independence but we forgave you and sent you the Alpine.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'll join the Alpine group right after I join FB, which will happen the twelfth of never. Why support the greedy bastard? FB is not your friend.
Bill

65beam

Donation Time
Many times more activity on face book pages than this forum. There is an saoca page but no one uses it. I watch probably 30 facebook pages concerning Rootes / Sunbeam and British cars.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I try to not let politics get in the way. I also use a misspelled name and try to use a private window whenever visiting. I wish Fakebook was not as popular and the trouble is it is easy and posters like easy. This forum has modern software and does not aggravate the Pi__ at ever keystroke with suggestions.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The problem with Facebook is that it exists to gather your personal data, then sell it. Facebook is the bait the "fisherman" has hanging off the boat. If your willing to have every keystroke saved, analyzed and sold with your name attached for purposes you will never be aware of, be my guest.
Bill

Last edited:

RootesRacer

Donation Time
The problem with Facebook is that it exists to gather your personal data, then sell it. Facebook is the bait the "fisherman" has hanging off the boat. If your willing to have every keystroke saved, analyzed and sold with your name attached for purposes you will never be aware of, be my guest.
Bill
Ha! you must have never used a search engine.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I am in a unique position my son writes code for Google and he isn't on Fakebook . I do wish CAT would have software like this group as if it is easy people will use it. Full of Catfish I recall my 300lb cousin showing his girlish figured alter ego. If you get your information for some non Sunbeam things there I suppose you will go into the truck stop and do the for a good time call Jenny at 867-5309. The majority of Tiger defectors go there cause it's easy and they don't care . Personally I am little aggravated when shopping for spark plug pricing then having the phone know that I went into Autozone.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Well, I do use search engines, but to the best of my knowledge they cannot supply a list of 500,000 respondents that have a dog named "Jake".

The things I search for on google on my phone show up as ads on yahoo on my computer at work.
Wonder how that happens...

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
In no way do I want anyone to get the impression that I consider Google to be a good actor. It is my opinion, they are the #1 reason for the monetization and subsequent decline of the internet. I wish most of their activity was outlawed. I do not think this is the internet that Al Gore had in mind.

Bill

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
OK, I looked. There are several groups. The largest is "Sunbeam Alpine fans" bosting 1.4K members and 8 posts per week. Maybe those should come here where there is more activity (and probably more knowledge).

65beam

Donation Time
OK, I looked. There are several groups. The largest is "Sunbeam Alpine fans" bosting 1.4K members and 8 posts per week. Maybe those should come here where there is more activity (and probably more knowledge).
Many that are on this forum along with other forums are on the many face book pages concerning Sunbeam and Rootes cars. The use of this forum along with other forums is far exceeded by face book usage. I watch 30+ face book pages related to Rootes cars and there are others in my favorites that I seldom open. There are a few on this forum that block their comments on face book from some folks but there are ways to open the page or comments. One page exceeded 2000 members today. The TE/AE page has a lot of activity versus almost nothing on the forum as do many of the U.K. Rootes pages. The SAOCA face book page was last used early November and prior to that it was in September. Check the activity on forums versus the face book pages for Rootes clubs.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Lol just like the CAT forum has 1500 members. There's a s___ton of members that have joined and never logged on again. Nevermind that moderators can usually look and see members visits in the last 24 hours or at least their last log on. On CAT we can see top posters which are most often the same less than 100 guy's. Sure if you don't log on and are a lurker you don't show but you can lurk the same way on the Fakebook pages..
Most often people want in no particular order....
Information, personal contact, shared interest.
As I heard it a lot of the old Tiger crew were against that forum starting because they said " we already have the email list." Many of you know the autotoxteamtiger list. It's searchable but just lately added pictures and is a bear to search for information. I was thinking of joining Facebook as Pierre Defecto but that name was taken :)

65beam

Donation Time
In this part of the U.S. we have the face book "wheel and deal " pages. You can buy just about anything. I sell things quite often. No fees!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Speaking of the Devil, I just received notice that Firefox blocked a social network from tracking me to this site. To the best of my knowledge, I'm not a member of any social network. Does having a Gmail address qualify me?
Bill

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
It is information from a Firefox extension called uBlock Origin. Basically uBlock Origin is an ad blocker. The information I posted is showing the web domains for requests that originated from the SAOCA forum page that is displaying this "FB GROUP" thread. It is showing there are some sort of requests being made to facebook and twitter. I didn't dig into page source code to see the actual purpose of those requests. Those could be just to bring in the Share This Page content you see at the bottom of the page.
upload_2020-2-14_14-14-37.png

The *cdn* entries (e.g. fbcdn.net) are content delivery networks - CDNs. A majority of web sites use CDNs to replicate 'static' content, like images, over the internet. Your browser can retrieve static content from the replicated content copies provided by CDNs, instead of going back to the original web site. CDN providers will have many geographic access points and your browser will normally access the one that is geographically closest to you. That can greatly speed up page loading and avoid traffic volume to the "real" web site.

Mike

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I keep getting notifications about SAOCA's fb. Can someone take me off that and redirect to the current board member?