• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Time to make the Donuts

65beam

Donation Time
The formica dash used in the LeMans did not have dash tags. Lettering was printed or whatever on the formica. You can buy switch tags from Sunbeam Specialties.

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Joel will you black chrome of gloss black paint the grill molding and bar + badges.. Or full shaved? Some gloss black detailing on things like side light housings and tail lights housings could look interesting... Black chrome :-D

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Joel will you black chrome of gloss black paint the grill molding and bar + badges.. Or full shaved? Some gloss black detailing on things like side light housings and tail lights housings could look interesting... Black chrome :-D
All the chrome had been stripped and powder coated satin black,the moulding around the grill opening is now part of the car, I TIGd it on with silicone bronze rod and finished. I'm not using the grill bar sitting on the shelf! The parts that are pot metal have been painted pot metal tends to gas off in the oven on powder coating.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
PROCRAFT, you reminded me of a different problem with pot metal. I have used phosphoric acid to strip rust for decades and put a 1940 Ford rearview mirror in the vat one night. Next morning instead of a nice clean bracket, the mirror frame was very clean but the bracket that bolts to the window frame was 90% gone. So THANKS for the heads-up about powder coating it.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
PROCRAFT, you reminded me of a different problem with pot metal. I have used phosphoric acid to strip rust for decades and put a 1940 Ford rearview mirror in the vat one night. Next morning instead of a nice clean bracket, the mirror frame was very clean but the bracket that bolts to the window frame was 90% gone. So THANKS for the heads-up about powder coating it.
Just a little insight from the powder coater.