• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

NetFlik - Rust Bros - Restoration and modification with V6 -

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor

Attachments

• Rust Bros Alpine V6               59952093544__781DF145-A16D-45E3-AEE1-00C6E724E9EA.JPG
    Rust Bros Alpine V6 59952093544__781DF145-A16D-45E3-AEE1-00C6E724E9EA.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Rust Bros Alpine V6                 IMG_0319.jpg
    Rust Bros Alpine V6 IMG_0319.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Rust Bros Alpine V6               IMG_0318.jpg
    Rust Bros Alpine V6 IMG_0318.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Rust Bros Alpine V6               IMG_0317.jpg
    Rust Bros Alpine V6 IMG_0317.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 99

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes, the complete conversion stuff !

With Mike purchasing a complete set there is now five unit in Canada alone:)

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Very cool! I can't wait to watch it. Any idea when it will be available? Netflix doesn't show it yet.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I too like the color MikeH

Even like the white stuff also:) Spent 4 years in Minot, ND, then off to Alaska for another five years. Love it all!
13 years in Grand Forks for me. Still like winter, just not as much as they get up there.

ChrisR

Donation Time
Watched the show last night. The series is on the History channel here in Canada. More of a bit of light entertainment than a technical car show. I still watch them all. The Alpine does look good. First time I have seen one driven top down on the snow.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Recently subscribed to Netflix and watched episodes 1-8, 1st season I think. Lost alot of money and put up business for sale then declined
a good offer; guess he has figured out how to make money on his 400 classic cars . They are funny and easy to watch but it is not intended to depart
a lot of how to do it information. Mike is a crusty guy w/ a heart of gold and always first out the door to help his neighbors.
Sent him the plans to make early series shock conversion.
The build will be shown on season 2 but I don't know when that begins.

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Watched the Rust valley resto last night on Netflix, the last episode of 5 on season 3. Barb watched the other episodes and after a grueling day working on Sunbeams she told me that it was on(what a great wife!). They did give Dan R a shout out about the kit, that may boost interest. Wondering where they got the headers for the siamese exhaust heads?

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
I watched this last night. What a waste of time. I thought I was going to get to see an Alpine conversion take shape, but instead you saw some idiots running around a junk yard in the mud and snow. The segment on the Alpine consisted of them pulling it from the lot, getting it started, to sanding some paint, putting in an obviously rebuilt engine, to driving the finished product. Nothing on the actual conversion. This was a show you had to be drunk to watch, for it to seem coherent. I wonder what V6 the guy wrecked 40 years ago.

Last edited:

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Al, What do you mean by "Capri"
72-77 Mercury Capri with the 2.6-2.8 V6 siamese exhaust ports (european version) had them. The motor they pulled out to use in the Alpine was a Capri in the show.
Mike-the show does not get into the how to aspect on any of the cars they do, entertainment only.

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
These guy appear to be actors more than resto guys. So much of this reality show stuff is all set up and phoney. Most of these type of car shows don’t show them doing much actual work, if any.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
72-77 Mercury Capri with the 2.6-2.8 V6 siamese exhaust ports (european version) had them.

If I am correct the European version has only two exhaust ports? Don't have a picture available! Maybe you can post one?