• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Could be the Golden Years....?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
They weren't in my pockets. Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My husband has scolded me many times for leaving my keys in the car's ignition. He's afraid that the car could be stolen. As I looked around the parking lot, I realized he was right. The parking lot was empty. I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.
Then, I made the most difficult call of all to my husband: "I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen."
There was a moment of silence. I thought the call had been disconnected, but then I heard his voice. "Are you kidding me?" he barked, "I dropped you off!"
Now it was my turn to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."
He retorted, "I will; just as soon as I convince this cop that I didn't steal your car!"

Ahhhhh! The golden years...

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
That's a good one, Dan If I am in the garage 4 hours, at least 2 are spent looking for what I had just laid down.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
That's a good one, Dan If I am in the garage 4 hours, at least 2 are spent looking for what I had just laid down.
The best part of those garage searches: You know you haven't taken more than two steps in any direction for the 3 hours.
Bill

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
The worst conclusion to one of those searches is when you discover you have had the item in you hand the whole time.

65beam

Donation Time
A 33 year old in the family has told me that if I put the tool away when finished with it then I wouldn't have to wonder where I put it. He said that he wouldn't have to hunt for it when he needs it. He also has told me to make sure it's clean before putting away. He's been a tool and die maintenance person for several years. Go figure!

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Then there's the paint the tools orange and pegboard with the outline of the tool also in orange.

65beam

Donation Time
Then there's the paint the tools orange and pegboard with the outline of the tool also in orange.
Having one of the old tool boards that dealers had helps organize factory maintenance tools. I'll try to remember to take a photo sometime.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Bob, I get it my father in law had the pegboard affliction and the international orange rattle can. No need to picture it for me I get the picture. If I had a dream garage I'd do the same as it would slow down the , "which drawer did I put that @#$^ thing in."

65beam

Donation Time
Bob, I get it my father in law had the pegboard affliction and the international orange rattle can. No need to picture it for me I get the picture. If I had a dream garage I'd do the same as it would slow down the , "which drawer did I put that @#$^ thing in."
Warren,
Have you ever seen the actual tool board that dealers had? They're something that really serve no purpose because like many I only have a few of the original tools. FYI, if anyone has an original tool to align the timing cover around the crank remember not to have the cover powder coated. The powder coat was too thick to allow the tool to fit thru the opening.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Warren,
Have you ever seen the actual tool board that dealers had? They're something that really serve no purpose because like many I only have a few of the original tools. FYI, if anyone has an original tool to align the timing cover around the crank remember not to have the cover powder coated. The powder coat was too thick to allow the tool to fit thru the opening.
The worst thing about the tool hunt is when I find the thing in my back pocket. The same thing applies to glasses, they were on my head all the time!

mikephillips

Donation Time
Over Christmas my youngest sister in law, married to my youngest brother, spent an hour or more looking for her glasses and once she found her second pair, realized they'd bee hanging from the front of her shirt where she'd hung them by one of the ear pieces.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
The only way that I'm able to find anything in a timely manner is that I got myself in the
habit of putting everything away before quitting work. It usually works very well.............
except when I forget to follow my own rules!
Cheers!
Steve