• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Clayton-Dewandre Brake Booster Repair Kit- Harrington LeMans

NN LeMans

Donation Time
Clayton-Dewandre Brake Booster Repair Kit: This is an alert to all Harrington LeMans owners, and others if interested, that there will be a NOS C-D Repair Kit for the C-D Brake Booster that is on the Harrington LeMans available on e-Bay. This item will be auctioned off starting at 12 Noon (EDST) on Saturday, August 10, 2019. The auction will run for seven days. This kit was one of two originally purchased from “Tiger Tom” Ehrhart in the 1980’s. I used one for my HLM and now that I do not have it any longer, the other kit is for sale. Please see the Parts for Sale listing for additional information.

Limey

Donation Time
Clayton-Dewandre Brake Booster Repair Kit: This is an alert to all Harrington LeMans owners, and others if interested, that there will be a NOS C-D Repair Kit for the C-D Brake Booster that is on the Harrington LeMans available on e-Bay. This item will be auctioned off starting at 12 Noon (EDST) on Saturday, August 10, 2019. The auction will run for seven days. This kit was one of two originally purchased from “Tiger Tom” Ehrhart in the 1980’s. I used one for my HLM and now that I do not have it any longer, the other kit is for sale. Please see the Parts for Sale listing for additional information.

Hi Mate - Did it sell or is it available?

Oliver

Limey

Donation Time
Oliver, it was sold. Put a bid but no way since it exceeded my limit by far...

Thanks for the link to the CDW seals. Those sorted the main piston to push-rod. However where can I find the other seals? My main and secondary diaphragms are all very good but it's just the tiny ones in the small chamber; the one on the outside of the main piston and the seal on the outside of the push rod collar.

Attachments

• CDW seal 1.jpg
    CDW seal 1.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 12
  • CDW 2.jpg
    CDW 2.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
As mentioned. No source for the small seals yet. Did you check with your UK repair shop?If they can't help we'll need to go through each by each in order to find proper replacements. It will be cumbersome but believe we need to do this exercise...

Last edited:

Limey

Donation Time
As mentioned. No source for the small seals yet. Did you check with your UK repair shop?If they can't help we'll need to go through each by each in order to find proper replacements. It will be cumbersome but believe we need to do this exercise...

Bernd - I have just sent you a PM regards a source (I hope) of the small seals)

napa 1

Donation Time
Cleaning out the garage can be such fun. Another of the Tiger Tom NOS CDW repair kits that came with my car. Opened it up and it looks to be in good condition after all these years. My booster does need repair so I guess this is on my list of things to do. 0E54D304-2234-4BD4-950D-D6030DB28B7F.jpeg

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
John,

you can truly call yourself very lucky to have an original CDW repair kit. What is wrong with your servo ?
Remember that other than the rubber parts they can heavily suffer by internal corrosion...

Limey

Donation Time
Cleaning out the garage can be such fun. Another of the Tiger Tom NOS CDW repair kits that came with my car. Opened it up and it looks to be in good condition after all these years. My booster does need repair so I guess this is on my list of things to do. View attachment 18431

You lucky devil!! What is the kits part code?

Thanks

Oliver

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Might be a good idea to properly document that kit before installing. Proper measurements of all the gaskets, seals and such would be valuable to anyone trying to recreate these in future. Ideally, taking molds of the important moulded parts would be extremely valuable.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
This might well be the last complete one, after the kit which recently went via eBay. Wonder who bought it. Somebody from this Forum ?
Perhaps Bob is still piling up a few in his parts bin...

napa 1

Donation Time
John,

you can truly call yourself very lucky to have an original CDW repair kit. What is wrong with your servo ?
Remember that other than the rubber parts they can heavily suffer by internal corrosion...
I don’t know. The one I have was a NOS one that TT got from the factory in the late 70’s I believe. It came in its original box with protective caps etc still in place. I have a picture of it somewhere in its NOS state which I will post. I installed it as is without knowing anything about them and with it installed, I could never get brake pressure. So assumed it was bad internally so just bypassed it and left It in place looking pretty.

napa 1

Donation Time
Might be a good idea to properly document that kit before installing. Proper measurements of all the gaskets, seals and such would be valuable to anyone trying to recreate these in future. Ideally, taking molds of the important moulded parts would be extremely valuable.
I would be happy to allow it to be used for that purpose as I don’t think I’ll be installing it any time soon. Except for originality, I don’t really find anything wrong with the standard brakes for my purposes so have never been in a hurry to repair servo.

napa 1

Donation Time
Pics of the contents. Everything soft and as new except the white rubber thing in first part pic. Not sure what that is.
Oliver, that is the only number i could find on the box. Don't know if it relates to the sunbeam part numbering system or the individual part dealer's system when part was purchased.

Attachments

• 4F26E835-BBCD-43A4-98ED-8C21959E1B03.jpeg
    4F26E835-BBCD-43A4-98ED-8C21959E1B03.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 25
  • FB700125-2B47-4AF9-936B-F1F79B2D9773.jpeg
    FB700125-2B47-4AF9-936B-F1F79B2D9773.jpeg
    360.4 KB · Views: 25
  • F79BDB39-17B2-4BE3-9C64-4A080BA99C62.jpeg
    F79BDB39-17B2-4BE3-9C64-4A080BA99C62.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 7C4EFD4B-1546-4C43-8513-B19208A975C6.jpeg
    7C4EFD4B-1546-4C43-8513-B19208A975C6.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 9B12570E-0B49-48B1-A555-331530C95C5C.jpeg
    9B12570E-0B49-48B1-A555-331530C95C5C.jpeg
    355.9 KB · Views: 24

Limey

Donation Time
Pics of the contents. Everything soft and as new except the white rubber thing in first part pic. Not sure what that is.
Oliver, that is the only number i could find on the box. Don't know if it relates to the sunbeam part numbering system or the individual part dealer's system when part was purchased.

Many thanks!