• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Identify the cars

65beam

Donation Time
The white Series IV is Steve Silversteins race car. Not sure about the red one.
It's not an Alpine. This car is the #74 Tiger that was raced by Sports Car Forum. It later was raced out of a shop in Dayton and then was stored in Florida until Buck bought it. It's now owned by Buck Trippel from California. The red Tiger is referred to as the Targa Florio car. It was restored to the condition you see which was the way it was when raced. Dave McDermott now owns it.

Last edited:

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Which brings to mind.... if there's more than one Hillman, does the plural become "Hillmen"?

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Sounds like you didn't teach English.
No, I didn't. I taught introduction to engineering, CAD, architecture, 3D design, automotive engineering and design, applied technology and robotics.

But... having said that... I was actually joking.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Great looking yellow Husky! You will see it on the club's 2020 calendar. It is still not too late to donate to the club at Gold level or above and get a 2020 calendar. The deadline is December 31st!

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
I see Bob you are finally getting to look at the SUNI pic's from 2014. Here's a pic of the 74 tiger of Bucks, and the others you posted. Nice Hillman Estates with updated drivetrains.

Attachments

• IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    390.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_0136.JPG
    380.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_0137.JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    368.3 KB · Views: 27

65beam

Donation Time
I see Bob you are finally getting to look at the SUNI pic's from 2014. Here's a pic of the 74 tiger of Bucks, and the others you posted. Nice Hillman Estates with updated drivetrains.
Al,
I've been busy for the past couple years building a car so I'm getting around to looking at an SD card I found in Jeans car. I don't have much to do right now because she won't let me haul the 69 home until after the holidays. It needs a good cleaning and detailing. We were at the local Steak and Shake this evening and got to talking about which car we'll take to S Carolina in the spring. You still down south? We were asked to have the RHD car at a concourse in Boca Raton in a couple months but I don't want to tow that far for a one day event.

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Al the #43 Sebring alpine of Steve Alcala is lovely. Jerry who owns the white Harrington ( which has period race history as well as being a show and roat test car) is restoring #43's sister car from the same event.

65beam

Donation Time
Al the #43 Sebring alpine of Steve Alcala is lovely. Jerry who owns the white Harrington ( which has period race history as well as being a show and roat test car) is restoring #43's sister car from the same event.
Steven is or has put a 1592 back in his car. He recently got some engine parts from me.

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bob-Will be back south in Feb, when's the show in Boca? We will not have a Sunbeam with us yet, too much salt on the roads.