• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Harrinton type A racecar

alpine_64

Donation Time
Long discussion on this car in the past.

Very nice very well prepeared historic race car and would be a great toy.

Sadly Bob scrapped the original body when he did the resto in the late 90s early 2000s. So the car is actually a replica of the Sebring racer with a few of the original parts (roof side windows and maybe boot)

During the 2nd resto is the UK they replicated a lot of the original details of the car as raced in 63 and certainly made it a smart and correct looking car

65beam

Donation Time
It was very well received at the Cincinnati United in 2006. Knowing what it takes to cut down a trunk lid for this style Harrington and I remember what it takes to fit the trunk I 've always wondered how Harrington got them to fit as good as they did.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Knowing what it takes to cut down a trunk lid for this style Harrington.
Well Bob, I have first hand experience. I did that to Kellogg's Harrington. You should see the fit on that one...Beautiful. But like you mentioned, lots of work.
Jan

65beam

Donation Time
Jan,
I didn't participate in the actual work but I watched it being done in another shop in Dayton to another car we both know. He spent a lot of time doing fabrication work. How did the hinges on Dave's car look after you finished the work?

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Long discussion on this car in the past.

Very nice very well prepeared historic race car and would be a great toy.

Sadly Bob scrapped the original body when he did the resto in the late 90s early 2000s. So the car is actually a replica of the Sebring racer with a few of the original parts (roof side windows and maybe boot)

During the 2nd resto is the UK they replicated a lot of the original details of the car as raced in 63 and certainly made it a smart and correct looking car
Raced at Donington a few years back, no success became 34 after all Minis + others

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
This is what one gets when they re-body a Harrington Alpine and try to pass it off as an original factory product. Yes, the trunk fit is very difficult to get right.

upload_2019-12-29_13-18-35.png

upload_2019-12-29_13-25-42.png

Last edited:

Limey

Donation Time
I like the tyres though. They look a bit like the pictures from Le Mans. Anybody know the maker and spec?
Oliver