• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Number of Le Mans on the road

napa 1

Donation Time
Hi Harrington guys! Hope all is well with all of you and your projects. I'm sure this information is available on the fantastic Harrington website, but when I'm telling people about my Harrington when they see it in person, I'm never sure what the exact production numbers vs. survival numbers are for the Harrington run. For instance: 250 Le Mans cars? And, what number of them are accounted for and on the road? p.s. membership donation on its way. :)
Etc.Harrington (74).jpg

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Hallo John, it's hard to tell, I don't know the restoration status of some. About a year ago there were approx 35 HLM's on the road. 15 RHD and 20 LHD (less than 10 in U.S.)

65beam

Donation Time
I know of these that are on the road in the U.S.
Ohio 3 -- 2 LHD , 1RHD
N. Carolina 1 -- LHD
S. Carolina 1 -- LHD
Iowa 1 -- LHD
California 3 -- 2 LHD , 1RHD
Washington 1 -- LHD

Total of 10

napa 1

Donation Time
And looks like maybe 116 or so that we know of that still exist based on the registry, whether they are RIP, being restored or on the road?

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi John,

I know of :

1 in Germany
2 in Switzerland
1 or 2 in France
1 in Belgium
1 or 2 in Sweden
1 in Greece

Let's say around 10 or so except UK . Way more projects exist. Certainly Jan knows more ;-)

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Hi all,
I'm not going to specify the cars more than this, about which and where the cars are located. Some owners don't want to be known is this kind of media. If any of you want to know more about a single car or about the Registry send me a PM here or at the site. You can also find more than this at the site if you read it more carefully.
Best regards
Jan

65beam

Donation Time
There are few others here in the states that I know of that are under going restorations but gosh only knows when they'll be on the road. This past Sunday Jean and I put two Harringtons and two Alpines away for their winter nap. The 69 is in our closed trailer and will be going to another of our garages on Saturday.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
John, I recall asking Iggbom in 2014 the very question you are asking. Iggbom and I sat down at his computer and counted the number of HLMs registered and on the road. The number was 25. I also recall Iggbom suggesting there will probably be 35 in the near future. Well, I guess we have hit that mark. I will preface that "to the best of my knowledge" there are actually 2 HLMs and 1 Harrington D in Washington State. However it is prudent to rely on the best expert in the World, Jan Iggbom, for specific information about the Harringtons.
65 Sunbeam (Eric) is a SAOCA representative for the 2021 SUNI event in Missouri. The Harringtons will be the featured marque celebrating their 60th anniversary. It would be great if we could get Jan Iggbom over here for the event.
http://forum.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?threads/sunbeams-united-international-survey-for-a-possible-suni-in-2021.27711/.

Last edited:

napa 1

Donation Time
Maybe I'll just say: Harrington produced 250, we know of perhaps 40 or so that are registered and on the road( or soon will be) in various countries around the world, and a handful more that are undergoing restoration, and a bunch that are condition unknown or certified RIP.

napa 1

Donation Time
BTW JumpinJan, the carb linkage you sold me works great. I added a spring to the engine bay side of the throttle arm, as it didn't want to find its way back to the idle stop fully on its own (my mounting might be slightly off). Works great, nice and responsive. I recommend it to anyone who is thinking of doing the weber conversion. Don't worry Bernd, I will return to the zeniths one day. :)