• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bluecol Label

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
So.... I came across a photo of a factory Rootes Bluecol instructions label in my storeroom of odd things, and whilst mindlessly sitting in front of the TV I decided to tinker around in Photoshop to clean it up to see how it looked. It was fairly damaged, but I think it came out reasonably well. (Yes, I know the type is not perfectly straight... it was like that, believe it or not!)

I post it here in case anyone would like a copy for their own Rootes car. Download, re-size and print as needed.

My only request is that no one is to print and sell these, please (as has happened before with other labels I’ve restored - sigh).

Bluecol-Label-Repaired-002.jpg

Last edited:

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I’m not sure. I suspect a hole was punched in it and it was attached to the rad cap, but it could have simply been slipped into the owner’s packet. The original copy I have is fairly degraded so it’s hard to tell.

Limey

Donation Time
So.... I came across a photo of a factory Rootes Bluecol instructions label in my storeroom of odd things, and whilst mindlessly sitting in front of the TV I decided to tinker around in Photoshop to clean it up to see how it looked. It was fairly damaged, but I think it came out reasonably well. (Yes, I know the type is not perfectly straight... it was like that, believe it or not!)

I post it here in case anyone would like a copy for their own Rootes car. Download, re-size and print as needed.

My only request is that no one is to print and sell these, please (as has happened before with other labels I’ve restored - sigh).

Hi,

I have an original one somewhere. I'll send a pic on the weekend if you want? It has a small steel eyelet at one end with a thin wire (like fuse wire). They were tied around the neck of the radiator cap or the top hose.

Oliver

65beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I have an original one somewhere. I'll send a pic on the weekend if you want? It has a small steel eyelet at one end with a thin wire (like fuse wire). They were tied around the neck of the radiator cap or the top hose.

Oliver
Oliver,
The one in my photo is an original tag. I also have an unopened 7 oz metal can of Rootes coolant inhibitor and I have a few NOS coolant thermostats in the Rootes boxes but have never been able to find any Rootes coolant.

Limey

Donation Time

Can you post a pic of the old one? I promise not to copy it ;-)

Limey

Donation Time
It was just to compare to the original one that I have. It was just curiosity. If you need to dig it out please do not waste any time on my account.

Oliver