• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger on Facebook

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Man-O-Man That Hoss has been ridden hard and put up wet for sure!

I bet it is just about eat'en up with the metal worms underneath the paint.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I always wonder why anyone would hang a oil filter upside down. Nearly a guarantee of a dry no oil pressure start after a day or so. Better filters have less leak down but what are they thinking.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I always wonder why anyone would hang a oil filter upside down. Nearly a guarantee of a dry no oil pressure start after a day or so. Better filters have less leak down but what are they thinking.

Warren, It could be said that the Alpine has it, No?

And they may have been thinking "lack of space".

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
It's not a valve, it's a flapping piece of some type of rubber.
I recall one day the service tech at a car dealership , possibly used to scaring old people and clueless clients told me...
" I see that you have not come in for one oil change and used factory authorized filters that have drain back protection."
I laughed and said since the car would have to be on its roof for that to happen ! Plus these filters exceed OEM spec's but thanks....

Stock Tigers have a really aggravating contraption of lines and hoses. The pictured one is a home brew close to the original location. A nice filter remote worth some dough to the purist.