• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What Is It?

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Now that that is solved, how many times do you think the guy hears "I had one juuust like it in college".

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for finding out what car that was Greg! I have never seen or heard of one. Very few made in the mid 50's in France and all were RHD too.

watisit

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just for fun! I thought I would share my "WATISIT" as its the first words that every one says when they see it...... Cheers!
upload_2019-10-24_20-5-39.jpeg
upload_2019-10-24_20-6-43.jpeg

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Early 60's Ford Prefect 100E.

We had a butterscotch Prefect DeLuxe when I was a kid.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just for fun! I thought I would share my "WATISIT" as its the first words that every one says when they see it...... Cheers!

There is a little extra meat under those rear fenders! What is the power train?

Last edited:

watisit

Diamond Level Sponsor
Well it is a hand full to say the least but it is a bucket load of fun!......Ford 351 with duel quad fuel injection with AOD. Cheers!
upload_2019-10-25_10-21-37.jpegupload_2019-10-25_10-23-31.jpeg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Nice!
Do you make the dual quad EFI work monitoring one or both? Very interested in your setup.

watisit

Diamond Level Sponsor
Its the FiTech system. One of the throttle bodies handles all the brains while the second holds four additional injectors plus the IAC for idle stability. Its a great set up and works very very well. I was constantly tuning/tweaking my old Edelbrock's, these i don't touch at all and I can leave the car for some time and it just fires straight up. Cheers!

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Early 60's Ford Prefect 100E.

We had a butterscotch Prefect DeLuxe when I was a kid.
Unless the car was exported from the UK to the USA under a different model name, this isn't a Ford Prefect. In the UK at least, the Prefect name was only applied to the four door version. Two door cars were called an Anglia until 1959 when they were renamed as a Popular until 1962 on the introduction of the new Anglia (the one with the fins and reverse sloping rear window). As a Popular, the car was detrimmed and realigned as the cheapest model in the Ford range after the old pre-war style Popular was finally dropped.

The 100E series was launched in 1954 and had a unibody with the then modern McPherson strut front suspension, but retained an old style long stroke flathead engine of 1172cc. About 475,000 two door cars were made, but I don't know how many were exported to the USA. I wouldn't have thought this car would appeal to 1950s US tastes, with its plain styling and feeble engine.

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I bought one like this in 1959 when I arrived on tour in Bermuda. It was a 1956
2-door Dark Blue in colour. Love it! Very dependable too.
280px-1953_Ford_Anglia_E494A_930cc.jpg

The Maroon one below is for sale. It too is very nice.

1956-Ford-Anglia-antiques--Car-101108826-dcbbd6abcfaf1514e297160a94172607.jpg