• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

problems

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob, I just saw this and was wondering what you mean? Doesn't seem to be a complete sentence.....

What are the facts ??

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan,

Bob was complaining about forum posts being edited by moderators / board members. Ironically, his complaint was edited, too.

Mike

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan,

Bob was complaining about forum posts being edited by moderators / board members. Ironically, his complaint was edited, too.

Mike
I saw Bob’s partial complaint about editing. As long as there is no profanity or personal attacks or non Sunbeam stuff what is the beef? I have played with beams since 1970 when I left the Marines the resources available to owners on the forum is great! By the way I finally got the brake drum off there was no spring on the parking brake and no retaining clips on the wheel cyl used the blue wrench to heat the drum and it came off

65beam

Donation Time
It was not ironic that my post was edited. If I said what I think some may go into heart failure. Those are the facts.

65beam

Donation Time
I saw Bob’s partial complaint about editing. As long as there is no profanity or personal attacks or non Sunbeam stuff what is the beef? I have played with beams since 1970 when I left the Marines the resources available to owners on the forum is great! By the way I finally got the brake drum off there was no spring on the parking brake and no retaining clips on the wheel cyl used the blue wrench to heat the drum and it came off
Gordon,
Will the car be done and in N. Carolina next August?

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
You've been with the club for just a short time. But many of us recall long-past posts that started out innocently enough but degraded to arguments and personal attacks. With such a diverse membership that encompasses many parts of the globe, there are bound to be differing opinions which can sometimes lead to disagreements. Disagreeing is understandable …. fighting is not!

I trust our officers will be watchful and edit/delete posts or threads that are leading to unhealthy confrontation. Sadly, this will remain necessary as our diverse club has a few members with ENORMOUS egos who think they know it all and, frankly, just can't keep their mouths shut.

Mark .…. volvoguys

65beam

Donation Time
[
You've been with the club for just a short time. But many of us recall long-past posts that started out innocently enough but degraded to arguments and personal attacks. With such a diverse membership that encompasses many parts of the globe, there are bound to be differing opinions which can sometimes lead to disagreements. Disagreeing is understandable …. fighting is not!

I trust our officers will be watchful and edit/delete posts or threads that are leading to unhealthy confrontation. Sadly, this will remain necessary as our diverse club has a few members with ENORMOUS egos who think they know it all and, frankly, just can't keep their mouths shut.

Mark .…. volvoguys
The facts are that if you're talking about Gordon being new to the Sunbeam world that tells a lot. Where have you been all these years?

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
[

The facts are that if you're talking about Gordon being new to the Sunbeam world that tells a lot. Where have you been all these years?
Life has a habit of getting in the way. I am now retired enjoying the grandkids and playing with cars, model trains, and family

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
[

The FACT, Bob, is that I suggested that Gordon has "been with the club for just a short time", not that he is a newcomer to the marque. Having a join date of June 16, 2019 indicates that our newbie member has a little over three months membership. I believe many would agree that this would qualify as a short time.

If your "Where have you been all these years?" was directed towards me, then my answer is that I've been into the marque since 1980 when I acquired a Series V, which I still have. For the past 18 years I've been peddling quality Alpine and Tiger spares for 'Beams across the globe to help keep 'em on the road.

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
The FACT, Bob, is that I suggested that Gordon has "been with the club for just a short time", not that he is a newcomer to the marque. Having a join date of June 16, 2019 indicates that our newbie member has a little over three months membership. I believe many would agree that this would qualify as a short time.

If your "Where have you been all these years?" was directed towards me, then my answer is that I've been into the marque since 1980 when I acquired a Series V, which I still have. For the past 18 years I've been peddling quality Alpine and Tiger spares for 'Beams across the globe to help keep 'em on the road.
The facts are that I've had Sunbeams since the 60's and I've been selling and buying parts for longer than you've owned Sunbeams How have you been able to stretch out parting that car for over 18 years?

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
I quit.

Bob, you are, once again, completely right and I yield to your superior knowledge, experience and humility.

But I close cryptically quoting the incomparable Krusty the Klown who once said "YS, AAI".

Limey

Donation Time
I quit.

Bob, you are, once again, completely right and I yield to your superior knowledge, experience and humility.

But I close cryptically quoting the incomparable Krusty the Klown who once said "YS, AAI".

Come on Volvo guys. Don't leave me hanging! "YS,AAI'??

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Greetings Oliver,

Since posting this enigmatic comment, I've had a PM, several direct mails and a few calls asking what "YS,AAI" is. One caller instantly knew what I meant, wholeheartedly agreed but suggested it would have been better quoted as "Y,s, aai". He was right!

At the risk of being edited or bruising an inflated ego, I won't directly divulge what this means. But for inquiring minds I will give a helpful hint: Kusty the Klown made this claim in episode 15 of Season 9 of The Simpsons.

Mark .…. volvoguys (small v, no space)

Last edited:

Limey

Donation Time
I watched it twice. The episode called "I.-annoyed Grunt-Bot'' but no Krusty... what's the episode called? I won't be able to sleep tonight :D

Limey

Donation Time
On the plus side I've been searching Krusty's best quotes

Krusty: Look at this list of words they won't let me say on air.
Bart: Oh all the good ones. I've never heard number 9.
Krusty: It's doing 13 while she's elevening your 5.
Bart: Can I keep this?
Krusty: Sure, no twelve off my 3.

:D

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sorry Oliver. My internet source actually had the episodes/seasons backwards. I've edited the above post to correctly state episode 15 of season 9 titled "The Last Temptation of the Krust".

Sweet dreams now, my 'Brit brother in the marque.

M ….. v

Limey

Donation Time
The penny has dropped.;) and I had a good laugh 'researching' Krusty at the same time. Thanks!