• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Body Color

Best Car Color

• Red

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Black

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Silver

• Blue

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • White

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Green

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Charcoal Grey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yellow

• Other

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Poll Choice....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Please vote on what you think is the best Color choice for the Alpine/Tiger body and please don't be afraid to add a new color as a post.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Let me be the first to say Colour Code 70

I have an original 1965 SIV ST OD 70 of which I am the 2nd owner, purchased by my childhood friend Kirby while he was stationed in England with the USAF.

He ordered this Alpine to his spec's including the Hardtop with a Maroon paint identified as colour code 70.

My second choice would be Commodore Blue Colour code 106 in which I repainted my '67 SV ST I now call Blue Boy.

Both Colours are not often seen on the Alpines, however the Maroon Colour Code 70 is seen even less:)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I think the paint should be an extension of the personality of the car. As an example, if it is going to be formal looking, doodied up Alpine, you can't beat Dark Green. If this is going to be a road Alpine, choose a highly visible color. But not red. There are too many red Alpines. Yellow, Orange, Bright Blue.

Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Not metallic paint. Too many classic cars out there that have been repainted with paint that did not exist when the car was built.
Some Alpine colors were metallic, so metallics are era correct. On fact, AMC offered metallics in 1964. I think if your not going to stay with OEM color, the paint barn door is wide open. There is a list of what I call "Modern Non Factory Options" that are acceptable on "Stock" Alpines. Paint, including two part paints, seems to be one of them.

Bill

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I think the paint should be an extension of the personality of the car. As an example, if it is going to be formal looking, doodied up Alpine, you can't beat Dark Green. If this is going to be a road Alpine, choose a highly visible color. But not red. There are too many red Alpines. Yellow, Orange, Bright Blue.

Bill
You are absolutely right!
I hope I didn't leave any color out that many would consider.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
If someone wants to step down to a MK1A in 106 let me know. Not many in Balmoral Grey or there's always Orchid Green . But really Audi and some other new cars have some retro grey and other colors that are not metallic. Resale Red is just that, remember when I got a "nice midlife crisis car," heckle but my retort was "insert geezer voice, way past that sonny, heh heh heh,"

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Add an option: Other
It will only let me Edit the title, sorry.
You can certainly comment here to add any color, we are not limited to factory colors by any means. At first I was thinking to go with Silver, but after looking at Sunbeams that are Silver the less I liked it.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
If someone wants to step down to a MK1A in 106 let me know. Not many in Balmoral Grey or there's always Orchid Green . But really Audi and some other new cars have some retro grey and other colors that are not metallic. Resale Red is just that, remember when I got a "nice midlife crisis car," heckle but my retort was "insert geezer voice, way past that sonny, heh heh heh,"
Resale red did come to mind because these cars do look good in Red. If I were to go that route, Mazda Candy apple red really POPS!

alpine_64

Donation Time
The quartz metalic blue on the s3 was nice as were the metalic turquoise on the SV's ...

I'm partial to silver
index.php

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
It is interesting that Red and Blue got the most votes. Currently trying to find a NON Metallic color between Charcoal gray and Silver. Thanks for everyone's input

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Look at the Lord Rootes winner of Lynn W. A tad darker in person maybe.... It is a Dale A's handiwork
65551945_2262964183740212_5202818718316363776_n.jpg