• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Early Sunbeam Alpine Hardtop Rear Window Seal

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Does anyone have a source for the rear window seal for the Series I & II hardtop that has the groove for the stainless trim? SS has a seal but it does not have the groove for the trim. I've been trying to reach MacGregor in Canada but am not getting response to emails or voice messages. Maybe they closed for vacation? Any leads will be much appreciated. Rick

alpine_64

Donation Time
Thw parts book should have a cross section of the profike. Then spend a few hours matching it with COH baines catalogue and you mighr het the original

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here is a picture of the early Alpine hardtop seal from the parts manual. This seal has the channel to mount the stainless rear window trim.

Rick

Attachments

• Alpine hardtop seal.JPG
    Alpine hardtop seal.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 62

Cali_59

Donation Time
interesting diagram, is that channel the right shape to latch-in the trim? I though the trim
has two separate sides that I assume would need to slip into grooves on either side.
the groove in the diagram you posted Rick seems to have a cut out diamond shape.

Cali_59

Donation Time
here is a cross section image of the trim..

Attachments

• 20190622_181631.jpg
    20190622_181631.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 45

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Cali 59: The seal does have 2 separate sides. if you look closely, the seal in the picture has 3 slots. One for the glass, one for the hardtop and one for the trim. It's the small rectangular slot in the top right of the seal shown in the picture. So one side of the seal has an extra slot for the trim. It has to be installed with the "trim slot" on the outside of the glass obviously. The triangular piece you see is what the parts manual calls a "filler strip" on the OEM factory seals.

Rick

Cali_59

Donation Time
Rick, I just don't see how the trim pieces, (my photo), fits over or into that triangular cut out. but if you say it does.
but the real question is, is it obtainable?

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor

I have located the Series I, II hardtop rear window seal at Alpine West Midlands in the UK. Sue informs me that the seal they sell is just like the original and does have the extra channel to accommodate the installation of the factory stainless trim. She is out of stock right now but expects a new supply within 2 weeks. Are you still looking for one? If so, maybe we can order them together and save on shipping. Let me know.

Rick

alpine_64

Donation Time
I have located the Series I, II hardtop rear window seal at Alpine West Midlands in the UK. Sue informs me that the seal they sell is just like the original and does have the extra channel to accommodate the installation of the factory stainless trim. She is out of stock right now but expects a new supply within 2 weeks. Are you still looking for one? If so, maybe we can order them together and save on shipping. Let me know.

Rick

Rick when you get the seal can you post a photo of its cross section and let us know how it fits

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor

Rick
I just took a look in the Midlands online catalog of parts that are not yet listed in their catalog. I fond the following listing which I think is the part you are describing: RU25a Alpine S1-2 Htop screen surround seal £107.64. Is this the part in question? Let me know if I am on the proper track here as I need ons also.

Thanks,
Mike

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
I just received an email from Sunbeam Alpine and Tiger Spares...their seal is not correct for the trim and, to their knowledge, no one is reproducing it so let's hope they are incorrect.

Last edited:

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
I just received an email from Sunbeam Alpine and Tiger Spares...their seal is not correct for the trim and, to their knowledge, no one is reproducing it so let's hope they are incorrect.

After reading Rick's post above, I took a look in the Midlands online catalog of parts that are not yet listed in their catalog and fond the following listing which I think is the proper rubber surround with the channel for the chrome trim: RU25a Alpine S1-2 Htop screen surround seal £107.64. I sent an email to Midlands and was informed in a return email that this is the correct rubber surround for the S I & II hardtops. So, Rick has done the detective work for those of us wanting to add the chrome trim to our SI & II hardtops. Midlands informed me that they are currently out or stock but expect to have them in stock this week.

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
I received an email from Midlands informing me that the seal is now in stock. They enclosed a photo and it definitely looks correct. They also stock the correct windshield seal for early series cars so I ordered one of each.

Attachments

• B2E35530-B670-4F95-8501-A928C4F9A292.jpeg
    B2E35530-B670-4F95-8501-A928C4F9A292.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 31

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I also received an email from Sue at Alpine West Midlands letting me know that she had Early Alpine hardtop seals in stock. I ordered the rear window hardtop seal because the picture she sent does show the extra channel in the seal for mounting the stainless trim. Total including shipping is about $170 US. She also said she has limited stock of the Early Alpine front windshield seals if anyone needs one.

Rick

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick when you get the seal can you post a photo of its cross section and let us know how it fits

Michael:

Please see the picture posted by Bill Eisinger earlier in this thread. This is a photo of the seal profile sent from Alpine West Midlands which clearly shows the extra channel in the seal to accommodate the stainless trim.

Rick