• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

MacGregor British Car Parts

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I think MacGregor in Canada may have closed down. I can't raise a response through email and his phone number is "temporarily out of service" according to the message when you call. I've been getting the same message for over a month now. Too bad because he made quality rubber seals for Alpines including the elusive reproduction of the original rear window seal for the early hardtops. I hope the shutdown is temporary. I'll stay on top of it and let the forum know if there is any change. And if anyone else has information, please let us know.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
I have found him to be very sporadic in his contact, I left a message and waited 5 or 6 months for a response. He did get back to me and eventually shipped the windshield gasket I needed. Patience is a virtue, and I have none,BUT he did eventually deliver.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for the info. I couldn’t leave a message because of the phone being out of service but I did send hom an email about a month ago. I’m not sure a business can survive by taking 6 months to respond to customers.

Rick

alpine_64

Donation Time
Rick,

I would guess the rear screen seal like the front one might be sourced from COH Baines in the UK. If you take the image of the profile section and compare to the baines catalogue you can probably buy it.

65beam

Donation Time
Thanks for the info. I couldn’t leave a message because of the phone being out of service but I did send hom an email about a month ago. I’m not sure a business can survive by taking 6 months to respond to customers.

Rick
Rick,
I've had several conversations with him over the years and sometimes it took a long time to hear from him. Martin was a trim engineer at Lynwood in the late 60's so was he running a business or just making some money from a part time job as a retired person. We had some long discussions when he was making the pieces for my fastback. He did work on them. He may have gone back to the U.K. for the summer. I know of another person that summers in the U.K. and Florida in the winter. He still advertises in magazines. His local number still rings. 905-627-4006

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick,

I would guess the rear screen seal like the front one might be sourced from COH Baines in the UK. If you take the image of the profile section and compare to the baines catalogue you can probably buy it.

Thanks for the help. I have tried the Baines catalogue but with no luck finding a match. Their product line is extensive.

Rick

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Rick,
I've had several conversations with him over the years and sometimes it took a long time to hear from him. Martin was a trim engineer at Lynwood in the late 60's so was he running a business or just making some money from a part time job as a retired person. We had some long discussions when he was making the pieces for my fastback. He did work on them. He may have gone back to the U.K. for the summer. I know of another person that summers in the U.K. and Florida in the winter. He still advertises in magazines. His local number still rings. 905-627-4006

Yes, I called the number last week and got the message that the number was "temporarily out of service." You would think if he was taking a couple of months away from the business that he would post a message or somehow let people know. To each his own I guess.

Rick

BERNARD ROSE

Donation Time
It's frustrating, but some couple of years ago, I did manage to reach him and get what I needed after a month of trying. I needed a seal for an after market hard top for an MG, and he had a reasonable candidate which worked.
You just have to persevere and keep on trying. Good luck.

bryandcarter

Donation Time
any information about obtaining the windshield seal rubber part (WS21 in the Sunbeam Alpine Specialties catalog)...no longer available...please advise.

britbeam

Donation Time
I was instrumental in Martin remanufacturing the Series 2 winshield gasket many years ago He worked as an engineer at the plant in Coventry and he told me that he was there when my Alpine was assembled. At the time Martin and I were speaking about having the Early Alpine wind screen seals made I ordered the first one installed it on my S2 and then he went into acquiring more to sell. Im not sure if Martin is still with us as Im now 71 years young and I dont think he was very young if he worked at Coventry. We all do have a expiration date. At the time I contacted Martin about the ws gasket there was no one else intrested in mfg of the gasket. Sorry your having difficulty locating Martin but I have no contact numbers either.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for the update. Someone mentioned that he may have gone to the UK for the summer. His website is still up but there is no information as to why there is no one answering phones or emails. I'll keep trying and see what happens.

Rick

TomKidd

Donation Time
I just spoke to Martin yesterday, his number is 905-627-4006.
I had emailed him a question and he responded in about 3 days.
I concur on the quality of his parts.