• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

color code 122

65beam

Donation Time
I was at Tiger Auto today and Doug is working on a 16000 mile series 5 Alpine that is painted color code #122 . Pretty much everything under the hood is as built. This is the first car I've ever seen that was painted Signal Red. It's been in the Dayton area for several years but I had never seen it before today. It has the sticker on the speedometer and the negative ground sticker on the bulkhead along with what appear to be the factory hose clamps and brackets for the cooler lines. The interior is all the original pieces and has a Dunlop spare tire in the trunk. The jack handle is mounted behind the tire. The spare is held in by the rubber strap. I didn't have a camera with me since I was calling on accounts but wish I had one with me.

65beam

Donation Time
Bill,
Everything is there. It's like it was frozen in time. Doug has worked on the car over the years and he picked the car up at the owner's house this past weekend. It has some hydraulic issues. He says it drives like it just left the dealer and when he started it in the shop there was almost no sound from the valve train. Very smooth running car. The paint color is so different from carnival red.

65beam

Donation Time
Strapped spare its a late car?
George,
It is a late series 5 but has the peaked head light rims. I never thought about looking at the VIN since we were more involved in the changes we're making to the RHD Harrington. The owner asked him to drive it and give his opinion of what needs to be done. I wouldn't mind having it.

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
Tiger Auto?
Jan,
I still call it that even though his shop is now at his house in Greene county. It's hard to break old habits after many years. It's still a club house and not a business since he's retired. I did a few things to my car yesterday.. This photo shows us working on it last summer. Notice his black Tiger beside my car. The tiger is now being driven. He still has a lot of the proper tools needed to do some of the work so that helps a lot. Similar to what you do since retirement.

Attachments

• 110_0360.JPG
    110_0360.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 39

65beam

Donation Time
Bob you have seen my car at the Dayton British car show many a time.
This car belongs to a doctor about five miles from Doug. I really don't remember the color of your car. Remember that I'm always on the move, talking or taking a nap. There are many photos of me doing the last item at shows all over the country.

MSiege

Silver Level Sponsor
You can’t tell from my profile picture but my 67 SV is also a 122 Signal Red. Was oversprayed with an orangey red but interior panels have a nicer, darker tone.
Not ready yet, but I’ve been debating whether to repaint a different color, or restore its original one.

Wayne67vert

Donation Time
I just purchased a 68 SV . It's original color was 122. I notice in the registry there are only 15 listed with 122 color.
Wayne

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
This was my 122 SV. For some reason, I no longer have it. The photos Bob posted look a little nicer.

100_0438.jpeg 100_0427.jpeg 100_0442.jpeg

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The car gave its life to save my SIV. Which, with a fair wind, I will be able to start back on soon!

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
I was at Tiger Auto today and Doug is working on a 16000 mile series 5 Alpine that is painted color code #122 . Pretty much everything under the hood is as built. This is the first car I've ever seen that was painted Signal Red. It's been in the Dayton area for several years but I had never seen it before today. It has the sticker on the speedometer and the negative ground sticker on the bulkhead along with what appear to be the factory hose clamps and brackets for the cooler lines. The interior is all the original pieces and has a Dunlop spare tire in the trunk. The jack handle is mounted behind the tire. The spare is held in by the rubber strap. I didn't have a camera with me since I was calling on accounts but wish I had one with me.
Bob I have an Alpine 010710 it has a spare tire strap, hand crank jaws on the engine 47000 miles I bought it at Stanton from Roger P when he returned to live in the UK. As near as I can tell I am the third owner. What puzzles me is there are no holes for clips for the hand crank in the trunk or for the jack handle. The car has never been hit there is no rust since the car was garage kept for most of its life. Do you have any thoughts on this? Where would the wheel brace and tool roll be located in this car?
I have seen one car painted signal red it belonged to one of Wally Swift’s friends and it was original. It was much different from Carnival Red.
Roger P told me that near the end of Rootes production some cars had metallic paint. Gordon