• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Gas pedal options?

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
While I’m replacing the brake master cylinder and have the brake pedal assembly out, I can’t help but notice the long loopy gas pedal rod that is uncomfortably close to the brake pedal. I like the Tiger gas pedal set up much better, but thinking there might be other options?

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
For my SI V6 conversion project I’m leaning toward a Lokar (or similar) cable throttle setup and getting away from the mechanical linkage...

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks. My motor uses the stock Capri linkage, pulled off a cable, and has a lot of moving parts. I’m thinking’s simple bell crank off a rod or cable would do the trick.

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks. My motor uses the stock Capri linkage, pulled off a cable, and has a lot of moving parts. I’m thinking’s simple bell crank off a rod or cable would do the trick.
Cut the contraption off last night, the final straw was that it was interfering with the master cylinder reservoir. I’ll look for a replacement throttle cable.

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks for the options. The Weber carb I have on there has a pull down linkage. Looking at using a motorcycle throttle cable that has a 90 degree bend in it.

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
One of 100’s of projects completed. $6 motorcycle throttle cable with right angle bend, original Capri cable and fabricated bracket. Works like butter.

05C0FE01-B5DB-41CC-89A3-E1EE5E5A5990.jpeg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Not sure if this will work for you or not? But works fine with the Holey 390 four bbl on the 2.8 V6.

In the third PIC teh "Blue" rod replaces the stock rod.

In the fourth PIC the stock rod lays beside the Rod I made that is "fixed" in the Stock assembly.

Attachments

• Cable, Throttle for Holley 4 BBL Carb _200511.JPG
    Cable, Throttle for Holley 4 BBL Carb _200511.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 81
  • Cable linkage for 4 BBL Holley 20160422_193957.JPG
    Cable linkage for 4 BBL Holley 20160422_193957.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Upper gas pedal rod 20170203_174558.jpg
    Upper gas pedal rod 20170203_174558.jpg
    801.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Upper Gas Rod 20161023_110741.jpg
    Upper Gas Rod 20161023_110741.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 91

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Dan looks like one of those pictures shows a High Volume Master Cylinder we just spoke about.

Attachments

• IMG_2047.JPG
    IMG_2047.JPG
    305.4 KB · Views: 43

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
I used a Lacar cable to the 390 Holley. Pedal is from a slightly modified early 70s Chevy C10 p/u or blazer. Pretty simple to do. Probably similar to the Cameron mentioned above.

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
Dan R. Am sorry to say that my project stalled again when life got in the way. Dad passed, had to repair and sell their house,clear his shop and sell off dad's stable of antique John Deere Tractors and move then Mom to assisted living. Things are stable now, and it's time to dust off the project.

I recently melted the leaded seams out as two seams had failed and I didn't want the others to follow. I'm in the process of welding patches in to fill the gaps where the lead used to be. All the rust repair is done by replacing all floors and trunk floor. I also welded all the extra holes shut in the firewall to clean that up and fit vintage air heater and heater firewall fittings. Nice and clean routing of heat hoses. Once the seams are finished, I'll start with more rust repair in doors and trunk lid.

I'm thinking of going bumperless and frenching in a licencle plate recess in the center of the rear roll pan...but that will mean changing the trunk latch......one thing always leads to four more, huh?

Thanks for asking and the conversation helps to get motivated. That's a great value to this forum.

I like your work and stalk your posts occasionally.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
"one thing always leads to four more, huh?"
Way back in the Gay '90's I decided to build a riding lawn mower. Over the next few years it took on three or four personas. The one lesson that I carry with me is "You cannot change just one thing".

Bill