• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Jaeger Voltmeters

BlackDog

Silver Level Sponsor
Brand new Jaeger voltmeters. These are custom made for me by the original Smiths Instruments co. in the U.K.

There are 2 styles available...

'numbers under scale' This gauge style is best suited for Tiger Mk1/1a and Series III/IV Alpine dashes and would look 'correct' in many other Rootes group cars.

'numbers above scale' This gauge style is best suited for Tiger MKII and Series V Alpine dashes and many other Rootes group cars

Either style is US$105 including shipping from Canada to Can./US address

I have these on eBay also but had to add $$for all the fees so best to buy direct!!

Jim

jim@island.net

Attachments

• MKIIMK1.jpg
    MKIIMK1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 212
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 194
  • MK1.jpg
    MK1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 199
  • MKII.jpg
    MKII.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

alpiner

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm in. I have a 66 series V and would like one with the numbers above the scale. What do I have to do to get one on order from you direct?
Alpiner

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Brand new Jaeger voltmeters. These are custom made for me by the original Smiths Instruments co. in the U.K.

There are 2 styles available...

'numbers under scale' This gauge style is best suited for Tiger Mk1/1a and Series III/IV Alpine dashes and would look 'correct' in many other Rootes group cars.

'numbers above scale' This gauge style is best suited for Tiger MKII and Series V Alpine dashes and many other Rootes group cars

Either style is US$105 including shipping from Canada to Can./US address

I have these on eBay also but had to add $$for all the fees so best to buy direct!!

Jim

jim@island.net

Sent you an email - am interested in a gauge.

BlackDog

Silver Level Sponsor
I've just received a new shipment so plenty of voltmeters in stock ( both styles )

Slight increase in $ from supplier so @ US$110 shipped

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Jim - as these are made for you over here in the UK, is it possible to buy one direct from your supplier please? I'm sure Alpine owners in Britain would be interested. Regards.

Steve G

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Are these made with plastic gauge cases instead of the metal cased originals?

BlackDog

Silver Level Sponsor
IMG_6492a.JPG IMG_6491a.JPG IMG_6495.JPG IMG_6492a.JPG IMG_6492a.JPG Thanks for posting that link Warren... ;)

I now have water temp and fuel gauges that match original and should work with stock senders. I had these made in the U.K. where I had the voltmeters done. The build specs were taken from original drawings and they have part# BF2203-01 and BT2201-02 I beleive they are correct for Series III & VI Alpine, MK1 & MK1A Tigers and many other fine Rootes vehicles
All 2" gauges are US$110 inc. shipping to US/Canada I will combine shipping on multiple gauge orders

jim@island.net

Last edited:

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
The Alpine parts manual shows Temp gauge BT2202/02 was used on series 3 & 4.

upload_2019-3-31_15-29-45.png

However, I have a Temp gauge I believe is from a series 4 parts car. It is a BT2201/02 version.

Hmm...

Mike

BlackDog

Silver Level Sponsor
Yes, I noticed that when researching the # I found the BT2202/02 on your gauge page and the parts manual but nowhere else... The BT2201/02 version seems to be quite widespread and I believe any used ones I have are that number from Alpines, Tigers, Minx etc. The supplier referenced the 01 when I asked to have them built and I also found the list below so not really sure what's going on with the 2 #'s...

Alpine gauge part numbers.png

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'll assume it is a typo in the parts manual and update the gauge inventory.

Thanks!
Mike

philt

Donation Time
Jim,
My recently acquired 67 Alpine came to me with a non stock Smiths "Battery" gauge which has gone from intermittent to consistently inop.
I checked the charging system and it is working..so do you still have any of the Smith Volts gauges, preferable with the numbers above the arch but either is acceptable.
Phil T in Tennessee.

BlackDog

Silver Level Sponsor
You're in luck as I have 1 'series V ' style in stock at the moment... a new batch are on order though

I've recently been able to lower all my prices as have negotiated 'volume' pricing' for all from the manufacturer

Here is the 'new' price list

Voltmeters are now US$95 including shipping to Canada/US
Water/Fuel gauges are now US$100 including shipping to Canada/US
Electronic speedos are US$275
8K tachs are US$225

I've also had the 'font' altered slightly on the 'early' voltmeter to better match the other gauges

Voltmeters.JPG
Send me an email... thanks, Jim

Last edited:

philt

Donation Time
Hello Jim,
Yep I need one of the VOLTS gauge for my S5 at the $95.oo USD. How do we complete this transaction?
BTW are the tachs original hybrid ( electronics and mechanical) or newer all electronics?
pwtrusty@yahoo.com
Phil Trusty
343 Pebblebrook Dr
Ashland City, Tennessee, USA

BlackDog

Silver Level Sponsor
I have new stock of voltmeters and they are now being built with metal cases to match the other 2" gaugesIMG_7163.jpg