• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

LeMans script fit

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Here is one for the experts:

Can I reuse the original Alpine script emblem holes on the fenders for fitting the LeMans scripts?
As far as I can see LeMans would require to bore 2 additional holes at the tops. Alpine uses 4 pins while LeMans uses 6pins (3+3). Is the relative position correct afterwards ?

65beam

Donation Time
Looks to be in the same place. I never bothered to measure or compare it to the Alpine but I'll check itout

Attachments

• 110_0604.JPG
    110_0604.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 28

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks Jan...

P..S. The "Le" hole must sit lower see pictures attached...

Attachments

• IMG_20190202_090226.jpg
    IMG_20190202_090226.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20190202_090733.jpg
    IMG_20190202_090733.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 36

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
LM.jpg 20190202_144612_1549115416111_resized.jpg These scripts are located in the original holes, looks like you don't have enough space between Le and Mans. Which E-mail are you using?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Oliver,

Is that Jerrys car? If so it was a very early LM... Given the cars evloved over production in detail i would not be surprised if the spacing for the badges changed... But you'd need a decent samole of original photos and press shots to confirm

Limey

Donation Time
It is Jerry's. That's a good spot Michael! Still, HLM production was low volume over only a few years, so hopefully nothing changed but life's never simple...

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
Two owner car with me being the second owner with the reproduction scripts that I believe were made in France? a number of years back. Even though the side mouldings were removed maybe 50 years ago these scripts are secured in the original holes. Somewhere in the attic I have a template I made from poster board using the holes on the fenders of our other car #9112251. The holes are the same on both cars. Doug used the template to check our RHD car before installation of the scripts on it.110_0779.JPG

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks for your additional inputs. It looks like the narrow spacing resembles the original position best...