• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

RHD LeMans

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sorry about not being fully descriptive of what the "other side" I wanted to see!!!

Here is the PIC I was referring to but did not identify:)

index.php

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
The "Y" hose connection in the water pump looks like one I found in some of my stuff!

A look at your engine does not show where it is routed?

Did you "keep" it in use? If so, where does the hose(s) go to?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Just to clarify.. Its actually the factory correct location for series I/II. It might be the reason they relocated to the scuttle brace on series 3 onwards.

I never had one fail even as a daily driver .. But the location makes it a real PITA to polish the rocker cover behind the bracket

65beam

Donation Time
The "Y" hose connection in the water pump looks like one I found in some of my stuff!

A look at your engine does not show where it is routed?

Did you "keep" it in use? If so, where does the hose(s) go to?
Dan,
This is far from done since I don't have hoses connected yet along with several other items. If you look on the right side of the fire wall you'll see the heater control valve. There is a hose running from the valve to the fitting on the left side of the head. The hose from the other side of the heater core runs to the top of the Y fitting. There is a hose hooked to the bottom of the Y that runs to the fitting on the intake manifold which allows water to pass thru the intake and out105_0006.JPG the tube on the back of the intake into the water jacket around #4 cylinder. This photo of one of my other cars may help.

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
Just to clarify.. Its actually the factory correct location for series I/II. It might be the reason they relocated to the scuttle brace on series 3 onwards.

But the location makes it a real PITA to polish the rocker cover behind the bracket
I have to agree that a RHD car complicates getting to some things on the right side of the engine due to the brake and clutch masters being on the right side plus being a LeMans it has a C/D booster which required Harrington to move the horn from the frame rail to the scuttle brace. Not much room to work.

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
Dan,
It's been a tough restoration. Ian had everything in boxes except the drive train which was bolted in place. All of the drive train had to be rebuilt along with everything else on the car. There was no interior except for the back seat, the seat frames and the100_0623.JPG 100_0627.JPG dash which I didn't use. I made a trip to Reno to pick up the car.

Attachments

• 100_0620.JPG
    100_0620.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 8

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Congratulations. Another late HLM on the road now. Superb restoration job, well done !

P.S. I know what it means :)

Last edited: