• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Can we add a category or section?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
What that means is that I can add a category for restoration images and within that add albums for different restorers or for different aspects of restorations.
What do you mean by "restoration images...." Like where perhaps I did my Blue Boy restoration from a starting point until finished ? or TheGreen1 getting restored and the V6 installed & the Dynamat&LizardSkin ???

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for doing this Greg! I suspect the Gallery is a tremendously underutilized resource; this may represent the start of something really valuable! I do have one question. The last category on the left side of the page is Restoration Guides. I didn't read your original instructions well enough and assumed the images would be there. However, when I click there I get this message:

SAOCA Forum - Error
You do not have permission to view this category.​

Is there anything there, or is this just a holding tank for later use?

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
It looks like the photos appear 2 times each within the album

Because there's more than a gig of photos, I had to do them in batches (and even at that, the system bogged down with each batch). It looks like one or two batches were uploaded even though I didn't think they went through. Total images are 1096, but the folder on my desktop only has 757. I'll probably just have to delete them all, start over, and reupload them in eight batches of 100 or less. Stay tuned.

Is there anything there, or is this just a holding tank for later use?

That's where I originally tried to place the albums specific to restoration, but that's when I found out that's not currently possible. I've deleted that category for now.

I have the JonPiz photo collection. I can add them to an album.

I'll created an album (which currently should be unavailable to nearly everyone) and see if I can grant you access to upload (without granting the same access to the world). Because these restoration guides are specific to a single individual's restoration, it wouldn't make sense for just anyone to upload to an album for someone else's restoration (and if I recall, I can't grant access based on username).

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Greg,

If you create an empty album for my photo collection and grant me permission, I'll see if I can upload the current set of photos, and then I'll be able to add more over time as well.

Thanks!
Mike

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Greg,

If you create an empty album for my photo collection and grant me permission, I'll see if I can upload the current set of photos, and then I'll be able to add more over time as well.

Thanks!
Mike

I went ahead and deleted the old photos and re-uploaded them myself. The total is 757 as it should be. I'm pretty sure I've granted you access to upload more files to that folder.

As for the JonPiz collection, I've created an empty album and have granted you access to upload to it. I found that 100 photos at a time worked nicely. 200 or 300 should also work OK. Too much more than that and the site would just sit there doing nothing.

65beam

Donation Time
Are you aware that articles such as Ian's feature on tools, radios, etc. along with other articles with great info covering the cars and tech tips are no longer available for general viewing. It was available in previous years prior to this new site. This means a lot of good info covering what was original on the cars or some of the older mods and repairs is lost but the current work being done to their cars by others seems to be a priority. The new owners should be able to access this correct info concerning the cars. These articles contain answers and show details to many of the questions being asked recently. Why can't you make this info readily available or is it that you don't know these articles exist?

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Why can't you make this info readily available or is it that you don't know these articles exist?

Everything that was on the previous generation of the site (last year at this time) is on the current generation. In fact, some long-dormant stuff that was previously hidden was resurrected.

So if there are articles that are missing, I don’t know they exist.

Are you talking about the articles under Feature Articles & How To’s? Page two has an article about radios and another about tools. Those were among the hidden items that were resurrected last winter. They seem to be missing the images. Perhaps that’s why they were hidden in the first place.

If you have access to the images or can recreate them from your own collection of radios/tools, please let me know.

And if you have additional information on other articles you’re referring to, I might be able to find them.

65beam

Donation Time
Maybe you should do away with the arrow and insert "NEXT PAGE". Don't assume that it shows on all monitors. Some older guys use large print.